Sierra Nevada University is kicking off the new year with a trio of innovation competitions. The newest, the Preger Prize Creative Idea Challenge, seeks original ideas to stimulate and reward individual creativity among undergraduate students. Like its Business Plan Competition siblings, the Preger Challenge is open to all full-time students currently enrolled at the Incline Village campus of SNU. True to Sierra Nevada University’s interdisciplinary focus, students in any major are encouraged to participate.
The Preger Prize is endowed to offer a first-place award of up to $5,000 and runner-up prizes of as much as $2,000. Each idea must meet the following criteria:
- The idea must be the individual participant’s own, not derived from collaboration with other people or information sources.
- It must be useful for whoever or whatever it is intended to benefit.
- It must be novel and not an obvious variation of an idea in existence.
- It must be implementable in order to deliver the value it was conceived to offer.
- And the participant must submit a thought-out plan for implementation.
Robert Preger, who endowed the Creative Idea Challenge, spent 25 years in the software industry. He became part of the original management team at Oracle in 1980. He and his wife Eleanor have lived in Incline Village since 1987, and have served on the Board of Trustees for Sierra Nevada University for over ten years.
The Preger Prize joins the Haldan-Pascotto Pitch Competition and Halden-Pascotto President’s Cup Business Plan Competition this spring. A student who swept the competitions could find themselves $8,000 richer by commencement this year.
Schedule of Events:
The Halden-Pascotto Pitch Competition: February 27th, 2020
The Preger Prize Creative Idea Challenge: March 26th, 2020
The Halden-Pascotto President’s Cup Business Plan Competition: April 20th, 2020
All events take place at the Sierra Nevada University College of Entrepreneurial Leadership in Incline Village, Nevada. For more information, contact Jonathan Breiter, email@example.com or Justin Spees, firstname.lastname@example.org.