Everything you need to know about records, registration, programs, and policies.


Sierra Nevada University offers degree programs in more than 14 different fields, as well as continuing education programs, an acclaimed Summer Workshop Program and numerous courses at various program centers in Nevada. Sierra Nevada University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).

The Office of the Registrar is committed to serving students, faculty and staff. The answers to many common questions are below, and the sidebar links will provide you with additional helpful information about our programs and policies. Please stop by our office in David Hall, 2nd floor on the Lake Campus if you need assistance, we are open Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 5pm.

How do I register for classes?

  • To register for classes at Sierra Nevada University, you must meet with your advisor to fill out a Registration Form and plan your schedule. In order for us to process your form, your advisor must sign your registration form. If any holds are present on your account, this can prohibit us from processing your registration form.

How do I add and drop a class?

  • Students who wish to drop or withdraw from a course must submit a signed Add/Drop/Withdraw Form to the Office of the Registrar.

I can’t get into my SNCSIS account, how do I reset my password?

  • To reset your SNCSIS password please contact the Registrar’s office by calling us at (775)881-7580 or by stopping into our office for assistance.

What form do I need to do an internship?

  • To get school credit for an internship, you must fill out the Internship Form. This form must be signed by the Instructor, Department Chair, Provost, and Registrar.

Where can I get an Official Transcript?

  • Official transcripts are ordered through the National Student Clearing House. Order a transcript here: REQUEST TRANSCRIPT.
    The Registrar's Office generally processes transcript requests daily. "Hold for Pick-up" transcript requests for the Las Vegas campus will be processed once a week. Orders received before midnight Tuesday will be available for pickup after 10am on Wednesday.

Where can I see what classes I am enrolled in?

  • To see the classes you are currently enrolled in, please visit your SNCSIS account. Once logged in go to:
    student services > registration > student detail schedule

Where can I found out what holds are on my account?

  • To view holds on your account, please visit your SNCSIS account. Holds are listed under:
    student services > student records > view holds

How do I find out who my advisor is?

  • Your advisor can be accessed via your SNCSIS account under:
    student services > student records > view student information

Where can I get a parking pass?

  • To obtain your parking pass, submit a Parking Agreement online or fill one out in our office.

How can I remove the parking fee from my account?

  • If you do not have a vehicle or will not be parking on campus and wish to waive the parking fee waived, please contact the parking committee at parkingcommittee@sierranevada.edu

What is the minimum amount of credits required to be enrolled in to be considered a full-time student?

  • The minimum amount of credits student can enroll in without effecting their financial aid or scholarships is 12 credits. Any amount below 12 credits is not considered full-time and can affect your financial aid or scholarships.

What is the maximum amount of credit I can take per-semester?

  • The maximum amount of credit students can enroll in is 18 credits. Sophomore, Junior, or Senior students who elect to carry more than 18 credits must have a 3.25 GPA and receive approval from the Department Chair. Students who elect to carry more than 18 credits who do not have a 3.25 GPA must submit a completed “Maximum Hours Overload Waiver” form. If the student is a freshman and wishes to carry more than 18 credits, approval by the Associate Provost is required. Students who go over 19 credits will be charged a per-credit rate.

How do I change my address/phone number?

  • You can change your address or phone number online on your SNCSIS account.

Where can I fill out a FERPA form?

How and where do I get a student ID?

  • To obtain a student ID please stop the registrar’s office to have your picture taken and your card printed.

How do I replace a lost or broken student ID card?

  • If you have lost your student ID, it is $25 to replace your card. If your ID card is broken, please bring in the broken card and we will replace your ID free of charge.