All SNU courses are now 100% online for the remainder of the spring semester.
CURRENT COVID-19 INFORMATION for STUDENTS, PARENTS, FACULTY, & STAFF >
College Driver Policy
Requirements and Definitions
A “College Driver” is defined as any individual who will drive for SNU in any capacity, including (but not limited to)
- Driving any vehicle owned or leased by SNU, for any purpose,
- Driving any vehicle rented for college business, events, or activities.*
*SNU staff may not facilitate organized carpooling in personal vehicles. If a College Vehicle is not available for transportation for college business, events, or activities, those participating are required to make their own travel arrangements to get to the site.
All College Drivers must meet the requirements of and be approved as an “Eligible College Driver”.
“Eligible College Driver” Requirements
To be approved as an Eligible College Driver the following requirements must be met:
- Possess and submit proof of a valid driver’s license from the state in which you reside. (Any changes to the status of the driver’s license after submission must be reported immediately.)
- Obtain and submit a current Driver’s History Report. (Go online to the state DMV site that issued your driver’s license and request a driver’s history report.)
- Read and sign the SNU Tahoe Eligible College Driver & Safety Policy Form below.
- Receive written approval of Eligible College Driver status from the Dept. of Student Affairs.
College Drivers who will drive any College Vehicle capable of transporting 12 or more people (“Van”) are ALSO required to:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Attend an SNU Van driver safety training and receive approval from the instructor.
The SNU Tahoe Eligible College Driver & Safety Policy Form, including ALL required documentation, must be submitted for approval at least 2 weeks prior to driving.
A “College Vehicle” is a vehicle that is owned by or leased in the name of Sierra Nevada University that is available for use for college business, events, or activities on an as-needed basis.
- All drivers of College Vehicles must follow all relevant Policies.
- Athletic teams and Student Affairs have priority to use the Sprinter Vans. Academic field trips have priority to use the Ford Transit Van.