Financial Services Advisor, Financial Aid and Student Accounts
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Student Financial Services Advisor is responsible for advising and assisting students and parents regarding available financial aid; issuing and maintaining financial aid awards; originating loan applications for funding; and importing and maintaining FASFA and loan information. This person also serves as VA certifying official, responsible for verifying student VA eligibility, maintaining VA files with required veteran documents, tracking courses taken to ensure they are within student’s degree plan, and certifying students on the VA website.
- Advises students and parents regarding available Federal and SNC aid.
- Answers inquiries to the Financial Aid Office.
- Awards scholarships as determined by Admissions.
- Processes incoming FAFSAs and prepares financial aid packages for students.
- Request documents and completes verifications for selected students.
- Inputs incoming acceptances of financial aid awards and sets up loans for processing.
- Prepares pre-audit reconciliation of documents related to the annual single audit.
- Monitors student default lender information and sends default avoidance information.
- Advises and assists prospective and incoming VA students regarding benefits.
- Audits VA files to ensure documentation is complete and tracks courses taken.
- Certifies VA students on VA website.
- Assists VA auditor during yearly audits.
- Provide TouchNet training for students and parents to assist with system navigation.
- Administrative support for the Student Accounts Manager as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in any field.
- Strong background in financial aid preferable with at least 3-5 years experience.
- Working knowledge of BANNER production system, and familiarity with the college environment.
Reports to: Director of Financial Aid
Pay Range: Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience
Position Classification: 30 hours per week, salaried
Benefits: Competitive Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Vacation and Sick Benefits
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer