Student Financial Services Advisor Position Summary:
Responsible for reviewing, evaluating and analyzing financial data regarding student accounts and counsel students and parents regarding tuition and fees; receivables and loans, scholarships and waivers, payments and refunds and their applicable federal regulations, statutes, policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain student accounts
- Assist students/parents with questions, and provide financial counseling regarding payments and payment plans
- Assist students and families with understanding available federal and SNC aid
- Review and distribution of student billing statements
- Balance and transmit weekly accounting entries
- Liaison with Financial Aid and Registrar departments on student billing issues
- Ensure compliance with Federal Student Aid Funds Regulations
- Manage finance charges, payment plans, and holds on student accounts
- Audit student tuition and fees, room, board, and other charges, and credits to student accounts weekly
- Manage the TouchNet payment system to ensure payments are posting correctly to student accounts
- Verify daily credit cards payments are posted to accounts and match daily batch totals
- Assist students and families navigate TouchNet to make payments and set up authorized users
- Coordinate with Registrar to update and maintain tuition refund periods
- Provide reports on past due accounts, and recommendation for accounts to be sent to 3rd party collection agency
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for review, including monthly AR Status Report
- Other duties as assigned
- Strictly adhere to organizational procedures regarding security and confidentiality of student financial and FERPA protected information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Management, or comparable work experience
- Three years general ledger accounting experience, with emphasis in account billing and collections
- Must respect and like young adults
- Proficiency in the Windows Environment, including Word and Excel
- Experience with accounting software
- Proven account reconciliation and financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate financial concepts to non-financial managers
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
Reports To: Director of Student Financial Services
Pay: Range $37,000 – $40,000
Other: Generous Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Vacation and Sick Benefits. Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada University is an Equal Opportunity Employer