Copy Editors for Graduate Level Writing
Sierra Nevada University’s Department of Teacher Education invites applications for copy editors to work with master’s degree students completing their research proposals and final professional projects. Most work will occur near the end of the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Review and offer feedback on the writing quality (grammar, syntax, etc.) and adherence to APA formatting of student’s research proposals and final professional projects in accordance with the requirements of the assignments.
- Work collaboratively with the Department of Teacher Education faculty, staff, and students, and provide consistent editorial feedback to students and faculty.
- Meet assigned semester deadlines.
- Resume demonstrating prior experience editing academic writing/research.
- Extensive knowledge of and strict adherence to the APA manual, 7th edition.
- Editorial experience at the collegiate level.
- Prior experience in education preferred, but not required.
- Research proposals are approximately 32 pages. Proposals must be reviewed by two independent editors at a rate of $40 per editor for each proposal.
- Professional projects are approximately 150 pages. Projects are reviewed by one editor at a rate of $150 per project.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue on an ongoing basis as needed.
Sierra Nevada University is an Equal Opportunity Employer