Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Reporting to the Executive Vice President & Provost, this position is responsible for providing leadership to the Office of Admissions and overseeing the recruitment of undergraduate students to Sierra Nevada College. This self-motivated person will have excellent management, communication, and problem-solving skills, as well as a sound knowledge of recruitment and marketing within higher education systems. The Director provides leadership and guidance for recruitment events, day-to-day operations, budget expenditures, project management for CRM and SIS software programs, and contemporary enrollment management practices, particularly as they relate to data analytics.
- Hire, develop, and provide leadership/supervision to Admissions Office staff.
- Long-range strategic enrollment planning.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing on the development and implementation of print communication strategies, web strategy and development, email and social media communication strategies, and campus positioning and branding.
- Create data-driven recruitment plans.
- Increase enrollment by ethnicity, academic ability, geography, transfer students, and other special populations.
- Strengthen the admissions funnel through the use of data analytics and predictive modeling to increase yield rates.
- Financial aid leverage in consultation with the Director of Financial Aid.
- Integrate recruitment planning with retention planning.
- Develop student list purchasing strategies as well as management of inquiry qualification.
- Conduct competition analysis and market research on prospective students.
- Analyze academic program demand.
- Provide regular reports on enrollment and other recruitment information.
- Manage the fiscal budget. Ensure office expenditures do not exceed allocated amounts.
- Collaborate with staff in IT to ensure that data needs for the Admissions Office are met, and to develop data and materials for new processes that will improve the admissions office as they arise.
- Responsible for documents, letters, and forms used to correspond with both international and domestic applicants for admission to both on-ground and online programs.
- Primary designated school official for international students in SEVIS. Know how to complete and process international admission and Homeland Security documents.
- Determine student status with regard to residency, tuition classification, and review of international documentation.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Five years of progressively responsible management/supervisory experience in an admissions office of a regionally accredited college or university.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and organizational development skills.
- A proven successful track record of leading or substantially contributing to the development and implementation of print communication strategies, web strategy and development, email and social media communication strategies, and campus positioning and branding.
- A proven successful track record of leading or substantially contributing to enrollment growth at an institution of higher education while meeting net revenue and discount rate targets.
- Knowledge of tuition pricing strategies.
- Successful track record of functioning as part of a cross-functional management team.
- Experience as the primary designated school official for international students in SEVIS.
- Knowledge of strategies for increasing net revenue and lowering discount rates.
- A proven successful track record of developing or substantially contributing to the development and implementation of a strategic enrollment management plan utilizing contemporary/best practice enrollment management processes and procedures.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Typing and word processing/microcomputer skills. Must be proficient in Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- A firm belief in the value of higher education, and the ability to successfully articulate a value proposition that resonates with prospective students and parents.
- Understanding and appreciation for the role and value of private liberal arts colleges.
- Experience as the Director of Admissions at of a regionally accredited private liberal arts college.
- Master’s degree.
- Familiarity with Banner SIS and Hobsons CRM systems.
- Experience working with Ruffalo Noel Levitz or similar organizations toward the implementation of contemporary/best practices in higher education enrollment management.
Reports to: Executive Vice President & Provost
Pay Range: Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience
Benefits: Competitive Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Vacation and Sick Benefits
Position Classification: Full-time, exempt
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer