The Director of Student Affairs and Student Activities is responsible for providing leadership, supervision, and direction in the area of student activities to the student affairs team. This position involves heavy year-round, on-ground face-to-face involvement, as well as significant involvement with student affairs.
Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Oversee fall programming in the areas of residence life, student activities, outdoor adventure and student government.
- Create and implement a comprehensive student activities schedule.
- Organize and implement leadership training at the beginning of the fall semester for RA’s, SGA and Sierra Nevada Orientation program leaders.
- With the Operations Officer, this position will co-chair the commencement and orientation committees.
- Set and/or review annual budgets and budget status reports for all student affairs departments.
- Review student misconduct cases and check that any disciplinary actions taken by the University align with the student handbook. Prepare associated paperwork and emails.
- Prepare quarterly student affairs presentations and present to academic affairs committee.
- Initiate annual review during the spring semester of all student affairs related policies and manuals including: student handbook, RA manual, RA application, security manual, emergency response guide, emergency response plan, college driver policy, orientation schedule, orientation page, commencement schedule, commencement task list, SGA elections packet, and SGA constitution/bylaws.
- Serve as advisor to University’s Student Government Association.
- Assist with management of student affairs staff and student employees.
- Organize student affairs paperwork and enter data in the Banner system.
- Will need to take training to act as a University HIPAA Officer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Passionate about promoting educational campaigns
- Comfortable dealing with college-age individuals on a daily basis
Reports to: Dean of Student Affairs and Housing
Pay Range: Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hours: Salaried, Exempt
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Life, LTD and Retirement benefits. Vacation, Sick leave and paid holidays in accordance with the SNU Policy.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada University is an Equal Opportunity Employer