The Canvas Administrator/I.T. Specialist is a software support engineer position with significant responsibility for the implementation, management, and technical support of Canvas as the University’s Learning Management System (LMS); oversight and administration of the I.T. department’s helpdesk; and A/V support for school events. This employee manages technical and functional integrations of software with appropriate vendors and other I.T. staff. The ideal candidate has a background in operations or I.T. and strong client relationship management skills, and is a tech-savvy team player. The position is full-time and based in Incline Village, Nevada.
The Canvas Administrator/I.T. Specialist is at the heart of ensuring that the setup, data, and processes for our Canvas LMS, I.T. Helpdesk, and user account provisioning perform and scale to meet demand.
This role holds the primary responsibility for the maintenance and enhancement of the Canvas LMS platform at SNU, including:
- Provide consulting and guidance to faculty and staff on best practices for successfully implementing and utilizing the Canvas LMS platform.
- Maintain information on the university website with Canvas resources and other relevant information.
- Develop materials for users such as online course instructional guides, master training documents, and facilitator guides.
- Research and maintain an understanding of current online design and teaching methods and tools. Explore emerging technologies, tools, and trends in online education.
- Provide one-on-one consulting sessions for faculty and staff, in person and through video conferencing.
This role serves as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance by phone or email, and uses diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions to perform remote troubleshooting and find the best solution:
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the I.T. helpdesk. Quickly review and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Monitor the ticket queue on the Tech Support site and distribute the tickets to the appropriate technician for quick resolution.
- Setup and update local workstations: modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc., and be able to write bat files or vb scripts to automate workstation configurations.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software (Datto AutoTask PSA/Client Portal)
- Document internal procedures, including creating new and updating existing procedures to streamline processes.
This role is also the point of contact for A/V support for school events.
- Coordinate, setup, and monitor equipment for school events. Some events will be after-hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems/information technology, instruction technology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of applicable experience, training and/or education.
- Experience providing Tier I and Tier II user support in an academic or business setting.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and support in instructional technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canvas preferred. The candidate must successfully complete Canvas Admin training within the first 4 weeks on the job.
- Experience providing professional A/V setup and event support.
Schedule: Salaried, 4 days/week. Includes after-hours event assignments.
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment.
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, retirement, vacation, and sick leave benefits.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada University is an Equal Opportunity Employer