To provide primary athletic healthcare for the men and women athletes of Sierra Nevada University, and to provide athletic training coverage for sports practices and contests, including evaluation of athletic injuries, immediate treatment, documentation, physician referral as appropriate, and the design and implementation of rehabilitation programs.
- Provide comprehensive athletic training care to student athletes, using an evidence based approach. [15%]
- Daily evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of sport-related injuries, as well as preventative and preparticipation preparation. [30%]
- Manage weight room scheduling. [15%]
- Screen pre-season health histories to identify potential problems. Refer qualifying conditions or injuries to the appropriate medical care provider for follow-up. [5%]
- Work collaboratively with other athletic trainers, physicians, physical therapists and others to provide high-quality healthcare tailored to the needs of each student athlete including; development and implementation for rehabilitation programs, making appropriate and timely referrals, and return to play decisions. [10%]
- Liaison between athletes, coaches, head athletic trainer, and team physicians. Communicate injury status, rehabilitation progress, and appropriate activity levels of injured athletes to appropriate individuals. [15%]
- Keep current on the latest developments and advances in sports medicine, through journal review and attendance at conferences, seminars, and clinics. Teach in sports medicine classes. [5%]
- Maintain facilities, equipment, modalities and supplies. Maintain a working understanding of all equipment usage and general preventive maintenance procedures. [5%]
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Sports Medicine or related field.
- Two years experience in high school, college, or university athletic training setting.
- Experience working with a wide range of both men’s and women’s athletic teams.
- Eligible for State of NV/CA Athletic Training License.
- CPR and First Aid.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Use and application of various electrical modalities, including ultrasound, electrical muscle stimulation and iontophoresis.
- Application of various preventive taping procedures.
- Administration of therapeutic and preventive exercise protocols.
- Developing rehabilitation programs for a range of common athletic injuries.
- Systematic evaluation of athletic injuries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, coaches, athletes, and administrators.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and adapt to changing schedules.
- Commitment to diversity, and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Additional related certifications, such as FMS, Active Release Techniques, Muscle Energy, Graston Technique, and CSCS, are highly valued and encouraged.
Position Classification: Full-time, exempt
Pay Range: $40,000 – $45,000 / year
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, retirement, vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave benefits
Other: Fingerprint and background check required as a condition of employment
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.