Admissions Transfer Counselor
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, this position is responsible for recruiting and enrolling transfer students to Sierra Nevada College. The Admissions Transfer Counselor is a professional who recruits students, primarily from community colleges, and builds relationships with key community college personnel and the community. The Transfer Counselor is responsible for assisting in and supporting established transfer student recruitment and enrollment plans and strategies, and for developing and implementing new programs to increase the enrollment of transfer students into Sierra Nevada College.
- Counsel prospective transfer students through the recruitment and enrollment process.
- Disseminate information regarding admission criteria, scholarships, financial aid, programs of study, etc., and provide effective counseling for prospective students about all areas listed.
- Communicate, track progress, and follow-up with prospective transfer students continuously, from the point of initial contact through the enrollment process, via visits, phone calls, letters, emails, etc.
- Assure high-quality service to transfer applicants from recruitment to enrollment by assisting with recruitment efforts, application processing.
- Support the processing of transcript evaluations, articulation agreements, and registration activities.
- Visit community colleges and other venues, requiring overnight and weekend travel.
- Act as a liaison between Sierra Nevada College and community colleges, to enhance the College’s image.
- Communicate with and develop effective relationships with transfer coordinators and other key constituents at community colleges.
- Assist in coordinating special events and managing visiting transfer student groups and officials.
- Assist in developing materials such as documents, mailings, web sites, social media communication, and brochures to attract quality students to the College.
- Effectively work with, communicate to, and assist students and families from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to interact and build rapport with prospective students and their families to assist them in understanding the enrollment process
- Working knowledge of data base and software programs to enter, track and maintain student information
- Previous sales or higher education admissions experience preferred
- Ability to load and travel with admissions materials, displays, and other equipment
- Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours required, especially during the travel season
- Fingerprint and valid driver’s license check required as a condition of employment.
Pay Range by Qualifications: DOE $40,000 – $42,000 annually
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, retirement, vacation, and sick leave benefits
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer