Admissions Senior Recruiter for Private High Schools
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, this position is responsible for recruiting students from private high schools across the United States in support of the College’s enrollment goals. The recruiter will establish high-quality relationships with private high school counselors, administrators, professional organizations, students, and their families, and effectively articulate the College’s value proposition to achieve measurable enrollment outcomes. Toward this end, the Senior Recruiter for Private High Schools plays a key role in strengthening the College’s brand and reputation, and works closely with other departments and divisions within the institution that share this focus.
- Identifies and maintains a list of selected private high schools (using specific criteria) from which to recruit students.
- Develops a strong relationship with the counselors and administrators of selected private high schools that are the focus of recruiting efforts.
- Develops and maintains an email list serve of counselors and administrators of selected private high schools.
- Develops and utilizes a communication plan and social media strategy in consultation with the Office of Admissions and the College’s marketing department for purposes of brand and reputation development, enhancing awareness, student recruitment, and relationship building with selected private high schools.
- Develops promotional and marketing materials as well as presentations in consultation with the Office of Admissions and the College’s marketing department which is focused on recruiting private high school students.
- Represents the College and conducts presentations at college fairs that cater and/or are attended by private high school students.
- Conducts regular in-person visits to a select list of private high schools to meet with counselors, administrators, and prospective students and their families, and conducts presentations and information sessions.
- Markets SNC Tahoe to the Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) and the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA).
- Plans and organizes campus visits to the College from private high school representatives.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the unique mission, culture, characteristics, norms, values, organizational profile, and operations of private high schools.
- Must appreciate and be able to clearly articulate the College’s unique value proposition to the private high school market segment.
- Must enjoy travel and be willing to travel nationally as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be an excellent public speaker, and enjoy small group presentations and individual interactions.
- Must be an excellent writer and responsive in corresponding with prospective students.
- Must exhibit critical reasoning, sound judgment and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must exhibit poise and sensitivity in dealing with prospective students and parents, private high school counselors, and other constituencies.
- Must have a strong appreciation for diversity, and enthusiasm for working with diverse populations.
- Must have strong time management, planning, and organizational skills, and be open to feedback.
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills and able to learn new software.
- Must be willing to work outside of standard business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be a team player and willing to cooperate with fellow professionals in meeting organizational goals.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (masters preferred)
- Five years of experience as one or a combination of the following:
- college admissions counselor with a primary responsibility and track record of success recruiting students from private high schools
- college counselor in a private high school
- independent college counselor
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Pay Range: Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Competitive Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Vacation and Sick Benefits
Position Classification: Full-time, exempt
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer