Accounting Clerk (PT)
The Accounting Clerk will serve as the primary back-up to the Accounts Payable function of the College with some G/L and Payroll back-up as needed. In addition, the Accounting Clerk prepares the daily check deposits, which includes the actual deposits into the College’s main operating account.
- Daily AP data entry.
- Assist the Senior Accountant – AP on an as needed basis and provide back-up for this position as a result of annual leave.
- Reconcile and maintain accounting records as it pertains to the donations the College receives.
- Prepare and execute daily bank deposits.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual sales/use forms.
- Assist with data input and reconciliation of outstanding PR’s on an as needed basis.
- Prepare and distribute annual tax forms for Vendors as it relates to the IRS form 1099.
- Disburse the organizational monthly budget and expense statement to respective budget managers.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Finance and Administration and the Controller.
- Provide general customer service for the Business Department and direct inquiries as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of accounting experience in a Business Office environment.
- Proficiency in the Windows environment, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting software as it relates to the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and budgeting functions of a Business Office.
- Proven customer service skills with a diverse customer base.
- Able to work as a “team player” in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Reports to: Controller
Compensation Range: $14.00 – $18.25 depending on experience
Hours: Part-Time; 20 hours/wk (one day must be Friday)
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer