Academic Extension Center Coordinator, Cuesta College
Sierra Nevada College (SNC) will open a new academic center on the main campus of Cuesta College, fall term 2019. A center coordinator position is available. The position is full time with benefits, located in the Student Success Center on the Cuesta College campus in San Luis Obispo, CA.
This position reports to the SNC Director of Enrollment Management in the Academic Extension Division and performs a variety of tasks. Principal among them is recruitment and enrollment of students who complete a 2-year degree at Cuesta College, and then transfer to SNC to complete a bachelor’s degree on the Cuesta College campus. This is a multi-tasking position in a fast-paced, often time-sensitive environment.
The responsibilities of Academic Extension Center Coordinator will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Work with SNC VP, Director of Enrollment Management, SNC team, and Cuesta College constituents to achieve and exceed enrollment goals at the SNC Cuesta College Center.
- Coordinate admission information and serve as the contact for potential and current SNC Academic Extension center students.
- Ongoing promotion of SNC bachelor’s degrees offered at Cuesta College through a variety of in-person and digital strategies. Use the admissions CRM to prepare communications campaigns to prospects, applicants, and admits, and manage inbound and outbound communication with prospective students.
- Gather, analyze, and prepare timely reports related to outreach and recruitment activities, and share with the VP and Director.
- Participate and maintain strong relationships with Cuesta College constituents, particularly through collaboration with the counseling and marketing teams.
- Create semester course schedule proposals in a timely manner based on student advisement, and share with the Director of Extension Enrollment Management.
- Act as a point of contact for local instructors, assisting in their selection, ongoing support, and communication.
- Act as a contact for extension center students at Cuesta College and assist in academic advising.
- Collaborate with SNC Tahoe main campus offices as needed.
- Work with the Academic Extension division and the Provost’s office to facilitate on-site program evaluation and faculty support.
- Coordinate CA Compliance requirements for the SNC Cuesta College Center.
- Provide feedback to SNC administration regarding student issues, concerns or successes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two or more years experience in admissions, enrollment management, recruitment or advising in higher education.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, given this is a new center.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Well-developed and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM’s, Google, and Outlook. Web literate.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to work well both in a team environment and independently, while meeting deadlines.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to establish priorities with little supervision.
- Professional presentation, positive attitude, and disposition essential.
Reports to: Director of Enrollment Management, Academic Extension Division
Pay Range: $45K-$50K Annually.
Benefits: Competitive Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Vacation and Sick Benefits
Position Classification: Salaried full-time, exempt
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer