Instructor in Business
Sierra Nevada College invites applications for one faculty position at the instructor level in Business starting Fall 2019 (higher faculty rank may be negotiable dependent upon experience).
Reporting to the Chair of the Business Department, the Instructor in Business is responsible for teaching in the disciplines of international relations, international business, marketing, management, finance, and entrepreneurship.
Responsibilities include teaching eight 3-credit courses a year at the undergraduate level; advising and mentoring undergraduates; and participating in departmental and college governance activities.
Ideal qualifications include: a minimum of a master’s degree in business with emphases in international relations, international business, marketing, management, finance, entrepreneurship or related fields; relevant industry experience; record of excellence in teaching; ability to teach a broad range of courses in the disciplines of international relations, international business, entrepreneurship, management, and leadership, marketing, finance at the lower division and upper division levels. Curriculum design experience desired. Experience with internship placement and or professional development centers a plus. International business experience highly desired.
Experiential and active learning is highly valued. The Business Department values managerial and executive career experience whereby instructors can bring real-world examples into the classroom.
Compensation: Full time salaried.
Benefits: Generous Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Vacation and Sick Benefits. Paid holidays in accordance with SNC policy
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment
Please upload the following documentation to our online application.
- A letter of interest describing your teaching philosophy and curriculum design experience (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae and/or professional resume
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (including several recent course evaluations and course syllabi)
- List of courses you have the ability to teach from our course catalog
- A lesson plan for an hour and fifteen minute long class on a topic of your choosing (must include the class session objectives, techniques used to engage students, and assessment methods
- Letters of recommendation from 3 professional sources
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer