Course Designers and Adjunct Instructors, Online Business
Sierra Nevada College maintains a pool of applicants for online business course designer and adjunct instructor positions. Design and development responsibility may occur in certificate and degree programs, at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Our online courses will be expertly developed for the highest level of student engagement and focus, with a commitment to sound online design and teaching practices.
Current need is for new graduate-level online business courses.
To be considered, candidates must declare their interest in specific courses from the list below. Selection of courses of interest should be well supported by academic preparation and a depth of professional experience within the respective subject area(s). Candidates may be hired to design courses, to teach, or both.
Designers will create courses themselves, but will have basic support from an instructional designer and follow the SNC course development workflow. All work is to be completed in Canvas.
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Business Ethics and Law
- Business Strategy, Data, and Decision Making
- Entrepreneurship Leadership and Management
- Foundations of Entrepreneurship
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems Management
- Leadership, Management, and Communication
- Managerial Accounting & Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Operations Management
- Master’s degree or higher in a business discipline, from a regionally-accredited university.
- Record of successful teaching and/or development of online graduate-level business courses.
- Commitment to the mission and policies of Sierra Nevada College.
- Understanding of and ability to apply current best practice principles for effective online teaching and learning.
- Ability to create innovative assessments that are in themselves learning activities. Should focus on project-based learning.
- Proficiency with learning technologies, including the Canvas Learning Management System, web conferencing, and so forth.
- Experience with an understanding of QM or other similar models for online course design standards.
Upload a resume of no more than three pages; a cover letter of no more than two pages; an unofficial transcript from a completed graduate degree in a business discipline; and any other documentation to our online application.
The cover letter should specify the course areas of interest, illustrate the applicant’s understanding of online pedagogy, and demonstrate successful experience teaching and/or designing for online learning.
Your application will be included in a job applicant pool. Resumes will be reviewed as needed.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer