Las Vegas Campus
The goal of the Department of Teacher Education at Sierra Nevada University is to prepare students to become excellent, impactful teachers and administrators in an ever-changing world. Sierra Nevada University’s Department of Teacher Education invites applications for the Assistant Professor/MAT & Field Experience Coordinator position at Sierra Nevada University’s Las Vegas Campus.
This faculty position includes both academic and administrative duties. Academic duties include advising students, program development, student teaching placement, and teaching master’s degree courses. Administrative duties include hiring instructors, developing relationships with CCSD and other education related organizations, student recruitment, and tracking student information.
- Academic advising
- Program development
- Student teaching placement
- Hiring instructors
- Developing relationships with CCSD, the NV Department of Education, and other education related organizations
- Student Recruitment
- Tracking student academic information
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in an education related field, at least three years teaching experience in K-12 schools, and experience in K-12 and/or university administration.
- Strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and a high level of professional integrity.
- Experience in effective academic planning and implementation.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and academic leadership to strengthen programs, recruit diverse students, and model excellent pedagogical practice.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Competitive Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Vacation and Sick Benefits
Position Classification: Full-time, exempt
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada University is an Equal Opportunity Employer