Adjunct Faculty Online Education
Sierra Nevada College maintains a pool of applicants for online adjunct faculty positions. Teaching responsibility may occur in certificate and degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Our adjunct faculty expertly deliver courses with the highest level of student engagement and focus, and a commitment to sound online teaching practices.
Teaching assignments are made as needed based on enrollments. Courses are designed and ready for teaching, with some setup time required as part of teaching pay.
Adjunct Faculty are expected to have a high level of presence in courses by participating in discussion groups, returning messages within two business days, grading assignments within four business days, participating in online discussions, being available for office hours through web conferencing or phone, and so forth.
When applying, candidates should declare a discipline for teaching from the list below. A declared discipline should be well supported by academic preparation and/or a depth of professional experience within the respective subject area.
Hired adjuncts will be required to complete a self-directed online training and orientation before teaching may begin.
- Business Administration, Undergraduate and Graduate
- Entrepreneurship, Undergraduate and Graduate
- Psychology, Undergraduate
- Social & Digital Media, Graduate
- Earned master’s degree from a regionally-accredited university within the discipline they would like to teach, or closely related. An earned doctorate is preferred for teaching at the masters level.
- Understanding of and ability to apply principles for effective online teaching and learning.
- Experience teaching online, preferably to adult learners.
- Strong commitment to the mission and policies of Sierra Nevada College.
- Online course development experience with QM is a plus.
Applications are only accepted in our online HR system and should include a resume of no more than three pages, a cover letter of no more than two pages. Application documents should illustrate the applicants understanding of online pedagogy, and successful experience teaching online.
Your application will be included in a job applicant pool. Resumes will be reviewed as needed.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer