Sierra Nevada University maintains a pool of applicants for online adjunct faculty positions. Teaching responsibility may occur in certificate and degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Courses are designed and ready for teaching, with some setup time required as part of teaching pay.
Reporting to the Chair – Business Department, the Adjunct Faculty Online Education– Business is responsible for teaching in the disciplines of international relations, international business, marketing, management, finance, and entrepreneurship. Adjunct Faculty are expected to have a high level of presence in courses by participating in discussion groups, returning messages within two business days, grading assignments within four business days, participating in online discussions, being available for office hours through web conferencing or phone, and so forth.
- Earned master’s degree from a regionally-accredited university within the discipline they would like to teach, or closely related. An earned doctorate is preferred for teaching at the masters level.
- Understanding of and ability to apply principles for effective online teaching and learning.
- Experience teaching online, preferably to adult learners.
- Strong commitment to the mission and policies of Sierra Nevada University.
- Online course development experience with QM is a plus.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Business with emphases in international relations, international business, marketing, management, finance, entrepreneurship or related field.
- Relevant industry experience, record of excellence in teaching, ability to teach a broad range of courses in the disciplines of international relations, international business, entrepreneurship, management, and leadership, marketing, finance at the lower division and upper division levels.
- Curriculum design experience desired.
- Experience with internship placement and or professional development centers a plus.
- International business experience highly desired.
Experience in the classroom and subject matter is preferred. Please upload your letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, course evaluations, and other supporting materials.
Sierra Nevada University is an Equal Opportunity Employer