The Business Department at Sierra Nevada University is now accepting adjunct instructor applications from qualified instructors for the following courses. Classes are at the Incline Village campus unless otherwise indicated:
Fall 2018 (mid-August through mid-December)
- ACCT 204 Financial Accounting (MW 10:00-11:15)
- ACCT 205 Managerial Accounting (MW 11:30-12:45)
- MKTG 350 Digital Marketing (TR 2:30-3:45)
- INTB 320 Global Business Environment (MW 5:30-6:45)
- INTB 465 Forces Driving Globalization (MW 10:00-11:15)
- INTL 415 International Organizations (MW 11:30-12:45)
- INTL 252 1 International Environmental Issues (TR 2:30-3:45)
- INTB 320 Global Business Management (at Lake Tahoe Community College in South Lake Tahoe, M 6:00-8:45)
- INTB 325 Cross-Cultural Management (at Truckee Meadows Community College in Reno, R 6:00-8:45)
- INTB 370 Leadership in a Global Environment (at Truckee Meadows Community College in Reno, R 6:00-8:45)
Spring 2019 (mid-January through mid-May)
Course descriptions can be found in the Course Catalog.
Adjunct Roles & Responsibilities
- Commitment to experiential and active learning in the classroom. This includes problem based learning, case studies, site visits, etc. Training will be available for active learning techniques. Also see Suggested Reading below.
- Course preparation and grading, time commitment dependent upon course, subject matter, and enrollment.
- Meet administrative deadlines, including, but not limited to:
- Submission of syllabus for review
- Completion of start-of-term and midterm enrollment verifications
- Administer midterm and end-of-term course evaluations
- Submission of midterm and final grades
- Attendance at Faculty Development, Faculty Council, and Department meetings is encouraged, but not required.
- Adhere to class operations as defined in the Faculty Handbook.
Experience in the classroom and subject matter is preferred. Please upload your letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, course evaluations, and other supporting materials.
- McKeachie’s Teaching Tips, McKeachie ISBN: 978-1133936794
- What the Best College Teachers Do, Bain ISBN: 978-0674013254
- Student Engagement Techniques, Barkley ISBN: 978-0470281918
- The Joy of Teaching: A Practical Guide for New College Instructors, Filene ISBN: 978-0807856031
- Effective Grading, Walvoord and Anderson ISBN: 978-0470502150
Sierra Nevada University is an Equal Opportunity Employer