Electronic Blue Book (EBB)
Instructions for Using the Electronic Bluebook (EBB)
Electronic Bluebook requires that your computer be a PC which uses Microsoft Windows XP or later as its original and primary operating system, or a Macintosh MacBook running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Language settings must be set to “English” and keyboard input settings must be set to English- U.S.
Your computer must be able to connect to the Internet during the exam, with either a wired Ethernet connection or a wireless network connection.
Delete Old Version(s)
The Electronic Bluebook is updated yearly. If you have used EBB before on the computer you are using for your exam, uninstall (PC) or delete (Mac) the previous application before starting the download process.
Downloading and Installing EBB:
- Click on the Mac or PC EBB links above. Click “Download” and then “Direct download” to start the download.
- PC: Click “Run” when prompted. The download and installation may take a few minutes.
Mac: Open the downloaded DMG file. Drag the “EBB” icon to Applications. Open the program from Applications.
- The program will ask you to accept their terms of service. Click “I Agree”.
Taking an EBB Exam
- Macintosh users, set your firewall to allow EBB to upload files to the network:
- Click the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security.
- Click the Firewall tab then select “Firewall Options”.
- Click the “+” below the list of connections and add the EBB program to the list to “Allow incoming connections”.
- Start the EBB program. Once your exam has started, EBB will prevent access to all other programs.
- Enter the exam ID number given to you on your exam cover sheet, for both the name field and the exam ID field.
- Choose the appropriate exam in the Class Number dropdown.
- Click “Start Exam”
Finishing your Exam and Exiting EBB:
Once you have finished your exam, click the “Finish Exam” button. Once you finish, a green or yellow screen will appear. A green screen means your exam successfully saved to the network and you are finished with your exam. A yellow screen means your exam did not automatically save to the network. Ask your administrator for instructions on how to manually upload the exam.