Student Health Insurance
NOTE: The insurance information attached below is for the 2015 – 2016 academic year. Costs for the 2016 – 2017 academic year are estimated to increase by about 10%.
It is policy that all undergraduate students carrying twelve or more hours of coursework must provide a copy of proof of health insurance on an annual basis.
All students attending SNC for the fall semester must provide proof of health insurance coverage before August 1 by completing the online Health Insurance Waiver. This waiver must be submitted every year that the student is enrolled at SNC by the stated deadline.
All students entering in the spring semester must provide proof of health insurance coverage before January 10 by completing the online Health Insurance Waiver.
If students are unable to provide proof of health insurance coverage by the fourth week of the term, students will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Program, which is nonrefundable.
Students who have not yet provided proof of insurance, or enrolled and been processed into the school plan,
- will not be able to participate in ANY off-campus school activities
- will not receive roommate assignments if living on campus
The Student Health Insurance Program provides students with access to local physicians and the emergency care facility. All full-time (minimum twelve units) undergraduate students are eligible to enroll in the program; see the links below for plan details and cost.
If you would like further information, please contact the Director of Student Affairs at email@example.com or 775-831-1314, Ext. 7481.
To waive the SNC coverage
- Select “No, I would like to waive the student insurance” under “Would you like the school’s insurance plan?” in the form below.
- Complete all form fields.
- Scan both sides of the student’s insurance card, and attach the scan of the insurance card to the form. Legible photos of the card will be sufficient; feel free to upload cell phone photos.
To enroll in the SNC Annual Health Insurance Plan
- Select ” Yes, I want the schools insurance plan” under “Would you like the school’s insurance plan?” in the form below.
- Complete all form fields.
- Enrollment takes a minimum of two weeks, so enroll before the start of classes to ensure your eligibility for participation in all student events. Once paperwork has been turned in and processed, students may attend any off-campus school activities and sporting events.
Students living in the dorms will not receive roommate assignments until insurance information is provided.
Health Insurance Waiver or Enrollment
Don’t want to submit online?
Fill out the form, print the page, and mail to Lizzy Thibodeau at Student Affairs.
Office of Admissions
Sierra Nevada College
999 Tahoe Boulevard
Incline Village, NV 89451