All SNU courses are now 100% online through the summer.
CURRENT COVID-19 INFORMATION for STUDENTS, PARENTS, FACULTY, & STAFF >
New Teach Nevada Scholarships Offered
Sierra Nevada College has received five new Teach Nevada Scholarships for incoming students in the Master of Arts in Teaching – Alternative Route to Licensure (MAT-ARL) program. These generous scholarships from the Nevada Department of Education award up to $24,000 to eligible future teachers. SNC has been authorized to offer these scholarships each year since the program launched in 2016.
Recipients get 75% of the award funds ($18,000) toward tuition for the licensure phase of their degree program. (The six additional credits for the Master’s Degree do not qualify for scholarship funding). The DOE holds the remaining 25% in trust. After five years of eligible teaching in Nevada, teachers receive the remaining funds to use as they see fit.
The Teach Nevada Scholarships target the state’s ongoing teacher shortage. The Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) program gets students with a bachelor’s degree into the classroom in as little as one semester. They can then complete the licensing program while they teach.
Sierra Nevada College has been educating teachers in Nevada for over 25 years. They offer a combination of face-to-face and online instruction, after-school and weekend course schedules, and convenient locations in Reno and Las Vegas. Both bachelor’s and master’s degrees are offered.
For more information about your future in teaching, contact the department through www.sierranevada.edu/teach-in-nevada. Information about the Teach Nevada Scholarships is at www.sierranevada.edu/teachnevadascholarship or the Nevada DOE website. Interested applicants can also contact Katrina Midgley, Graduate Admissions Director, at email@example.com, or 775-881-7517.