What are the Requirements to Transfer to Sierra Nevada University?
Can I Get Financial Aid? A Scholarship?
Why Transfer to SNU?
Major: Creative Writing
I was nervous about meeting new people and seeing if I fit in the program, especially as a mother returning to school. To my happy surprise, though, I’ve met lots of kind people and exceptional teachers who have given me the confidence I needed to gain my degree. . . . Read More
Major: Fine Arts – Interdisciplinary Arts, MA in Teaching
Class of 2021
Transferring to SNC was the best decision I’ve made for my educational career. I’ve made friendships that I know will last a lifetime, and I feel that I am truly learning from the best possible individuals for my art degree. . . . Read More
How To Apply
#1 Submit Your Online Application
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, although we strongly recommend that you complete your application as early as possible. You will usually receive a decision within two weeks of completing all your application requirements.
- You do not have to complete your application in one sitting - you can save it partially completed, then log back in to finish it later. Don't forget to keep track of the email address and password you use to log in! Use any Start Your Application link to log back in.
- You can enter a personal statement directly into the application.
#2 Submit Your Required Documents
- Request your official transcript(s) from ALL colleges you’ve attended sent directly to SNU Tahoe. (SNU accepts both official paper or electronic transcripts)
- If your overall college GPA is less than 2.0, or if you have taken less than 15 college credits since completing high school, also request your official high school transcript sent directly to SNU Tahoe.
- Optional: you can add a personal statement (if you did not include one in your application), and/or Letter(s) of Recommendation to your application file.
Email address for digital documents: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing address for official transcript(s) and other documents:
Admissions Office | Sierra Nevada University | 999 Tahoe Boulevard | Incline Village, NV 89451-9500
College Board (SAT) CEEB Code: 4757
ACT Code: 2497
Transferring Your Credits
SNU Tahoe is transfer friendly.
Students who have completed their lower level requirements elsewhere can often finish their bachelor’s degree in approximately two years here. Students can also pursue a second bachelor’s degree at SNU Tahoe.
If you have questions about courses or requirements, please contact your admissions transfer counselor at email@example.com. We’re here to make the transfer process as easy as possible.
What credits are transferrable?
- The course grade must be “C” or better.
- The course must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- An official transcript must be sent from the previous institution(s) to the SNU Admissions office.
- No lower division courses can be substituted for upper division courses.
- A minimum of 45 credits toward an SNU degree must be taken at SNU.
- The last 30 credits of an SNU degree must be taken at SNU.
Transferring from California?
All of the IGETC and CSU-GE credits completed with a C or better grade can be applied toward your 4-year degree.
Transferring Military Credit
Transfer credit for military school courses is based on the recommendations of the American Council of Education. The student must have an official Armed Forces transcript sent to the SNU Admissions office.
If your current college is not listed below, contact SNU Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-412-4636 for details about transferring your existing credits.