Transfer student merit scholarships.
Great education, spectacular environment.
Transfer to Sierra Nevada University and take your college experience to a higher level!
What are the Requirements to Transfer to SNU?
Can I Get Financial Aid? A Scholarship?
Why Transfer to SNU?
Major: Fine Arts – Interdisciplinary Arts, MA in Teaching
Class of 2021
Transferring to SNC was the best decision I’ve made for my educational career. I’ve made friendships that I know will last a lifetime, and I feel that I am truly learning from the best possible individuals for my art degree. . . . Read More
Major: Creative Writing
I was nervous about meeting new people and seeing if I fit in the program, especially as a mother returning to school. To my happy surprise, though, I’ve met lots of kind people and exceptional teachers who have given me the confidence I needed to gain my degree. . . . Read More
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, although we strongly recommend that you complete your application as early as possible. You will usually receive a decision within two weeks of completing all your application requirements.
#1 Submit Your Online Application
- You can enter a personal statement directly into the application.
- Information about submitting the Common Application is at How to Apply >.
#2 Submit Your Required Documents
- Request your official transcript(s) from ALL colleges you’ve attended sent directly to SNU Tahoe. (SNU accepts both official paper or electronic transcripts)
- If your overall college GPA is less than 2.0, or if you have taken less than 15 college credits since completing high school, also request your official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores sent directly to SNU Tahoe (SNU CEEB Code: 4757)
- Optional: you can add a personal statement (if you did not include one in your application), and/or Letter(s) of Recommendation to your application file.
Ask A Question
Email address for digital documents: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing address for official transcript(s) and other documents:
Admissions Office | Sierra Nevada University | 999 Tahoe Boulevard | Incline Village, NV 89451-9500
College Board (SAT) CEEB Code: 4757
ACT Code: 2497
Transferring Your Credits
SNU Tahoe is transfer friendly.
Students who have completed their lower level requirements elsewhere can often finish their bachelor’s degree in approximately two years here. Students can also pursue a second bachelor’s degree at SNU Tahoe.
If you have questions about courses or requirements, please contact your admissions transfer counselor at email@example.com. We’re here to make the transfer process as easy as possible.
What credits are transferrable?
- The course grade must be “C” or better.
- The course must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- An official transcript must be sent from the previous institution(s) to the SNU Admissions office.
- No lower division courses can be substituted for upper division courses.
- A minimum of 45 credits toward an SNU degree must be taken at SNU.
- The last 30 credits of an SNU degree must be taken at SNU.
Transferring from California?
All of the IGETC and CSU-GE credits completed with a C or better grade can be applied toward your 4-year degree.
Transferring Military Credit
Transfer credit for military school courses is based on the recommendations of the American Council of Education. The student must have an official Armed Forces transcript sent to the SNU Admissions office.
If your current college is not listed below, contact SNU Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-412-4636 for details about transferring your existing credits.