LTCC Commencement 2018: LTCC President Jeff DeFranco, SNCatLTCC graduate Lindsay Lipp, SNC President Alan Walker
Get your bachelor's degree where you live and work.

Extension Students

Transfer to Sierra Nevada College’s Extension Program. Get your bachelor’s degree without leaving home.

How Does the SNC Extension Program Work?

Fulfill your lower division bachelor’s degree requirements with community college courses. Then transfer into SNC’s extension program to take your upper division classes, right on your local campus or online. Graduate with a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited, non-profit college in as little as two years.


Q What are the requirements to apply to the SNC Extension Program?

A You have taken college level classes at one of our Extension Program Partner Community Colleges since receiving your high school diploma. You must be in good standing at all the colleges you previously attended, and could return to your last college if you have not graduated.

Q Can I get financial aid?

A Federal Student Aid is available to eligible degree-seeking applicants. File your FAFSA using Sierra Nevada College school code 009192.

Q Which community colleges have SNC Extension degrees?

A SNC currently has extension programs at Cuesta College, Lake Tahoe Community College, Truckee Meadows Community College. See the Extension Center page for more details about the Extension Center Colleges. Other location options include Teacher Education programs in Reno & Las Vegas, and 100% Online.

Q What degrees are offered at the Extension Centers?

A The degrees we offer in the extension program are chosen for their immediate relevance in the job market. SNC is currently offering the B.A. in Elementary Education, BA in Psychology, BA or BS in General Studies, BSBA in Entrepreneurship, BSBA in Global Business Management degrees in the extension program. Not all majors are offered at all locations. See the Extension Center Majors page to find out which majors are offered at your college.

How To Apply

Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, although we strongly recommend that you complete your application as early as possible. You will usually receive a decision within two weeks of completing all your application requirements.

#1 Submit Your Online Application
  • You do not have to complete your application in one sitting - you can save it partially completed, then log back in to your user account to finish it later. Don't forget to write down your Login ID and PIN! Use any Start Your Application link to log back in.
  • You can enter a personal statement directly into the application.
  • Information about submitting the Common Application is at How to Apply >.

Start Your Application

#2 Submit Your Required Documents
  • Request your official transcript(s) from ALL colleges you’ve attended sent directly to SNC Tahoe. (SNC accepts both official paper or electronic transcripts)
  • If your overall college GPA is less than 2.0, or if you have taken less than 15 college credits since completing high school, also request your official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores sent directly to SNC Tahoe (SNC CEEB Code: 4757)

Ask A Question

Undergraduate Admissions
FAX: 775-831-6223

Request Info
Email address for digital documents:

Mailing address for official transcript(s) and other documents:
Extension Office | Sierra Nevada College | 999 Tahoe Boulevard | Incline Village, NV 89451-9500

Transfer Your Credits

Wherever you are in your academic career, SNC’s on-campus advisors can help you make the most of your previously earned credits. Map the most direct route to your bachelor’s degree. Contact your extension counselor at We’re here to help!

College credit for professional experience.
Coming back to school after a break can be a challenge. SNC’s 100% online Prior Learning Assessment program helps adult learners get up to 15 upper division elective credits for one flat fee. Many kinds of work experience, professional training, military service, and community service may qualify.

Transferring in California?
All of the IGETC and CSU-GE credits completed with a C or better grade can be applied toward your 4-year degree.

Transferring Military Credit
Transfer credit for military school courses is based on the recommendations of the American Council of Education. The student must have an official Armed Forces transcript sent to the SNC Admissions office.

What credits are transferrable?

  • The course grade must be “C” or better.
  • The course must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
  • An official transcript must be sent from the previous institution(s) to the SNC Admissions office.
  • No lower division courses can be substituted for upper division courses.
  • A minimum of 45 credits toward an SNC degree must be taken at SNC.
  • The last 30 credits of an SNC degree must be taken at SNC.