Four-Year Graduation Guarantee
- Enroll as a Sierra Nevada College Freshman
- Work with your campus advisor to develop a personal education plan
- Take full semester course loads
- Make reasonable academic progress
Whether you are ready to map out a single route or want the flexibility of varied paths towards your educational goals, Sierra Nevada’s combination of advising, course scheduling and individual attention ensures efficient and steady progress toward graduation.
You will find financial support to make your choices possible. Meet these specific requirements and we GUARANTEE GRADUATION IN FOUR YEARS or we will cover all tuition cost for any additional coursework!
Sierra Nevada College also offers a Two-Year Graduation Guarantee for incoming transfer students.
Find out More
We operate on a rolling admissions basis and scholarships are still available for this Fall. Find out whether the Four-Year Graduation Guarantee is for you.
The Four-Year Graduation Guarantee
Sierra Nevada College guarantees that incoming freshmen who meet the following student responsibilities will graduate in four years (four and a half for a BFA in Fine Arts). SNC will cover all tuition costs for any additional coursework at SNC needed for graduation.
Sierra Nevada College offers any freshmen guaranteed savings in time and money as you work toward the completion of a baccalaureate degree. Whether you are ready to map out a single route or want the flexibility of varied paths toward your educational goals, our combination of individualized advising, flexible course scheduling, and personalized attention ensures efficient and steady progress toward graduation. We’ll also provide you the space necessary to explore and discover your educational aspirations without boxing you in.
To take advantage of the guarantee, students must do the following:
- Complete any required remedial work in the first semester.
- Enroll in an average of 15 credits per semester (a typical course load); not including remedial work or repeated courses.
- Remain in good academic standing by maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 each semester overall and within their major.
- Enroll in 8 consecutive semesters: fall and spring, excluding summers; 9 consecutive semesters for BFA students. (Students must be accepted into the BFA art program in their Junior year).
- Declare graduation major before registering for third semester.
- Fulfill all graduation requirements, including core curriculum, major/minor requirements, and upper division course work requirements.
- Meet with assigned Academic Advisor at least once per semester for preregistration.
- Take required courses during the semester recommended by their Academic Advisor.
- Register for all upcoming courses during the preregistration period.
Failure to successfully complete any of the above requirements will result in voiding the four-year graduation guarantee. In addition to the above student responsibilities, the following rules apply:
- This guarantee may not apply to double majors or the five-year Teacher Education Dual Degree program.
- Students who elect to complete a Study Abroad semester must have a fully signed Transfer Prior Approval form filed in the Registrar’s office prior to their departure.
- Not successfully completing any Core or required course in the student’s major may void this contract.
- Student must make up credits for any failed courses during the four-year period; which may require students to take more than 15 credits per semester.
If you take all these steps and you are unable to complete your major in four years, SNC will assume the tuition costs of the courses needed to complete your undergraduate degree. This includes course tuition and institutional fees, but excludes specialized course fees and lab fees.
Contact Admissions to Sign Up today!
Contact the Admissions Office to find out whether the Four-Year Graduation Guarantee is for you, the required commitments for both you and Sierra Nevada College, and how this guarantee can save you money. When you’re ready to make the four-year guarantee commitment, you will complete the agreement form with your Academic Advisor during Orientation.