Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities
Use the True Cost Calculators to determine your individual Merit Scholarship and Net Price:
Scholarships for Incoming Freshman
SNC Merit Scholarships
Admitted students are automatically considered for merit scholarships based on their academic record. Contact Undergraduate Admissions for information about your eligibility.
Incoming first-year students who meet certain requirements are eligible for the SNC Four Year Graduation Guarantee.
Targeted Scholarship Opportunities
- Athletic Scholarships – Some scholarships are available for athletes. Please contact your team coach for more information. Athletic scholarships may be used in conjunction with SNC merit scholarships.
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships – Provide assistance to deserving young students who have a high financial need, demonstrate integrity, are determined in overcoming personal adversity, and committed to make a contribution to society. Students who are awarded this scholarship will receive matching funds from SNC (not to exceed the cost of tuition). More information on this program can be found HERE.
- Fine Arts Scholarships – The Griffin Lucas Aubrey Creative Spirit Scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen and transfer fine arts majors based on talent and financial need. The Aubrey scholarships may be used in conjunction with SNC merit scholarships. AUBREY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION >
- Post 9/11 Yellow Ribbon VA Scholarships – Undergraduate veteran students who are 100% Yellow Ribbon eligible will receive the SNC Yellow Ribbon scholarship, which covers 100% of the tuition/fees for the amount of time specified on the student’s VA Letter of Eligibility instead of any SNC Merit scholarships for which they qualify. VA students who have Yellow Ribbon eligibility of less than 100% are eligible to receive both the SNC Merit scholarship for which they qualify and the percentage of benefits offered by the VA. If a student exhausts their VA Yellow Ribbon eligibility, any SNC Merit scholarship for which they qualify will be reactivated. For more information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
* SNC merit and targeted scholarships are renewable each year for a maximum of four years, based on a cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all freshmen and continuing students and full time enrollment status. If recipient’s GPA is below the minimum corresponding criteria, the student has one semester to raise the GPA. With two consecutive semesters below the required cumulative GPA, the scholarship is forfeited. If the recipient raises the GPA to the minimum requirement, the scholarship will be reinstated the following semester. If special circumstances arise, students can file an appeal with the petitions committee. If special circumstances arise, students can file a petition with the petitions committee.
Each student is awarded only one merit based scholarship. The only scholarships that may be used in conjunction with the merit scholarships are SNC Athletic Scholarships and the Aubrey Fine Arts Scholarships.
Scholarships for Incoming Transfer Students
SNC Merit Scholarships
Incoming transfer students who have earned a minimum of sixty transferrable credits and meet other requirements are eligible for the SNC Two Year Graduation Guarantee.
|Scholarship||Annual Award||College GPA Required|
|Transfer Trustee||$14,000||4.0 – 3.25|
|Transfer Presidential||$13,000||3.24 – 2.75|
|Transfer Provost||$10,000||2.74 – 2.00|
|Transfer SNC Eagle||$6,000||< 2.00|
Need-Based Financial Aid
SNC Institutional Grants All students that apply for Federal Student Aid using the FAFSA will be analyzed for an SNC need based grant. The SNC School Code for the FAFSA is 009192. Incoming fall students should submit their FAFSA before March 1 and continuing students before May 1.
See Sources of Financial Aid for information about government and private grant and loan programs.