93% of students receive merit scholarships / need based grants.
Financial Assistance for Your Education
We will walk you and your family carefully step-by-step through the process to get the most available funding you are eligible for. Contact our office to get started — we are here to help.
Use the True Cost Calculators to determine your Merit Scholarship and Net Price:
SNC code for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is 009192.
What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid is any source of funds available to help students pay for their college education. If you think you will need support beyond your own financial resources, whatever your family situation, you should apply for financial aid.
The four main types of financial aid are:
Federal and state grants, student loans, and work - study are based on verified financial need. They all require filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Scholarships are based on academic merit. You do not have to show financial need to receive money through merit-based programs.
Financial Aid is gift aid and/or self help aid. Gift aid includes grants, scholarships, and tuition assistance. Self-help aid includes work - study employment and student loans. Self-help aid requires the student to work or borrow.
Who is eligible for need-based aid?
Basic requirements to be qualified to receive need-based financial aid:
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). SNC Need Based Grants will be calculated at the published rate until the first day of the term of enrollment, thereafter they will be calculated based on available funds.
- Have financial need (except for some loan programs and most scholarship programs).
- Be accepted for enrollment or be enrolled as a student working toward a degree or certificate. You may apply for aid before you are accepted, but aid will not be offered until you have been admitted to SNC.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Be registered with Selective Service, if required.
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress toward a degree.
- Use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan.
Undergraduate students who have already received one or more bachelor’s degree(s):
Undergraduates who have already received a bachelors degree will only be eligible for loans. This includes students in double major or dual degree programs who have already met the requirements for one of their majors or degrees and are continuing their education toward the additional major or degree.
Students enrolled at more than one institution:
Students who are enrolled at more than one college or university at the same time may receive financial aid from only one of the institutions, not both.
Meet Our Staff
Director of Financial Aid
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Sierra Nevada College
999 Tahoe Blvd.
Incline Village, NV 89451-9500
Financial Aid Advisor