Transfer student merit scholarships.
Unique majors in a spectacular environment.
Transferring to Sierra Nevada College
Take your college experience to a higher level! Sierra Nevada College welcomes applications from transfer students. It’s free to apply!
What are the Requirements to Transfer to SNC?
Can I Get Financial Aid? A Scholarship?
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, although we strongly recommend that you complete your application as early as possible. You will usually receive a decision within two weeks of completing all your application requirements.
#1 Submit Your Online Application
- You do not have to complete your application in one sitting - you can save it partially completed, then log back in to your user account to finish it later. Don't forget to write down your Login ID and PIN! Use any Start Your Application link to log back in.
- You can enter a personal statement directly into the application.
- Information about submitting the Common Application is at How to Apply >.
#2 Submit Your Required Documents
- Request your official transcript(s) from ALL colleges you’ve attended sent directly to SNC Tahoe. (SNC accepts both official paper or electronic transcripts)
- If your overall college GPA is less than 2.0, or if you have taken less than 15 college credits since completing high school, also request your official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores sent directly to SNC Tahoe (SNC CEEB Code: 4757)
- Optional: you can add a personal statement (if you did not include one in your application), and/or Letter(s) of Recommendation to your application file.
Ask A Question
Email address for digital documents: email@example.com.
Mailing address for official transcript(s) and other documents:
Admissions Office | Sierra Nevada College | 999 Tahoe Boulevard | Incline Village, NV 89451-9500
College Board CEEB Code for SNC: 4757
Transferring Your Credits
SNC Tahoe is transfer friendly.
Students who have completed their lower level requirements elsewhere can often finish their bachelor’s degree in approximately two years here. Students can also pursue a second bachelor’s degree at SNC Tahoe.
If you have questions about courses or requirements, please contact your admissions transfer counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to make the transfer process as easy as possible.
What credits are transferrable?
- The course grade must be “C” or better.
- The course must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- An official transcript must be sent from the previous institution(s) to the SNC Admissions office.
- No lower division courses can be substituted for upper division courses.
- A minimum of 45 credits toward an SNC degree must be taken at SNC.
- The last 30 credits of an SNC degree must be taken at SNC.
Transferring from California?
All of the IGETC and CSU-GE credits completed with a C or better grade can be applied toward your 4-year degree.
Transferring Military Credit
Transfer credit for military school courses is based on the recommendations of the American Council of Education. The student must have an official Armed Forces transcript sent to the SNC Admissions office.
If your current college is not listed below, contact SNC Admissions at email@example.com or 866-412-4636 for details about transferring your existing credits.