in the spectacular Lake Tahoe basin.
International Students’ Study Abroad Program
Welcome to SNC Tahoe, a small liberal arts college in Incline Village, Nevada on the shores of Lake Tahoe.
We invite you to join our top ranked programs and enjoy life at a world-class destination. Hope to see you soon!
Why SNC Tahoe?
- Personal Education: Learn in small classes from professors who know each student – the ratio of students to teachers is 13:1. About 10% of our 500 undergraduates are international students, representing 25 countries. ESL help is available.
- Career Success: Take advantage of top quality Science and Technology and Global Business Management programs, professional internships, research opportunities, and student competitions. 90% of our alumni are employed after graduation.
- Ski Mecca: Live within 45 miles of 17 top ski and golf resorts. Learn Ski Business and Resort Management in the premier program of its kind in the US. SNC’s Ski and Snowboard Team is the #1 college team in the country.
- Spectacular Environment: Enjoy the crystal clear waters of Lake Tahoe and beautiful scenery of the surrounding Sierra Nevada mountains. Visit San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Reno, and Los Angeles.
Scholarships: all international students are considered for merit-based scholarships. The scholarship amount depends on your academic record. The maximum scholarship award for international students is $4500 per year. Contact Admissions for more information at email@example.com or 866.412.4636.
Early Start Scholarship: an Early Start scholarship is available toward the tuition of the online university class “US Academics and Culture”. Contact Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Cost: see Tuition and Fees for an outline of all costs. Campus housing and meal plan (“Room and Board”) are required for all new international students. Health insurance that will cover you in the US is also required.
DO NOT use the Freshman or Transfer Cost Calculators. They are for US students only.
Apply to SNC Tahoe
There is no fee to apply to SNC Tahoe.
English language evaluation: New international students should have a TOEFL score of at least 59, or an IELTS score of at least 5. If you have a lower score, contact Chris at email@example.com for options. Native English speakers can submit their SAT I score instead.
Transcript evaluation: Non-US school transcripts must be officially evaluated by an accepted credential agency. For NAIA athletes we recommend InCred (choose the Course-by-Course Evaluation). For everybody else, we recommend the International Education Research Foundation (choose the Detail Report with Course Level Identification). World Education Services evaluations (Course-by-Course Evaluation) are also accepted.
Steps to Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, although we strongly recommend that you complete your application as early as possible. You will usually receive a decision within two weeks of completing all your application requirements.
#1 Submit Your Online Application
- You do not have to complete your application in one sitting - you can save it partially completed, then log back in to your user account to finish it later. Don't forget to write down your Login ID and PIN! Use any Start Your Application link to log back in.
- You can enter a personal statement directly into the application.
- Information about submitting the Common Application is at How to Apply >.
#2 Submit Your Required Documents
- Evaluated Transcript.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS language score results (required for all non-native English speakers).
- SAT or ACT scores (required for native English speakers and all NAIA athletes).
- Proof of Financial Support: A bank statement, letter from your bank, or letter from a sponsor showing enough funds to cover one full year of tuition plus room and board.
- OPTIONAL: Letter of recommendation (in English) (Letter is provided for students who have taken ELEC 110.)
- OPTIONAL: Personal essay (in English) (Students who have taken ELEC 110 complete their essay during the class.)
Required documents must be official original documents. Copies, scans, or web printouts cannot be accepted.
Ask A Question
International Programs and ELL Coordinator
Email address for digital documents: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing address for official transcript(s) and other documents:
Admissions Office | Sierra Nevada College | 999 Tahoe Boulevard | Incline Village, NV 89451-9500
College Board CEEB Code for SNC: 4757
Get Ahead – Start School Early
“This class has helped me prepare for the U.S. university. I have more confidence in myself because now I know what to expect in the U.S. university and cultures.”
– Student in Japan, 2016
ELEC 110 U.S. Academics and Culture is a self paced online university class for international undergraduate students. Learn key strategies to succeed in U.S. academic systems, improve communication skills, adjust to US culture, and to build professional networks. Graduates receive three college credits from SNC and “Conditional Admission”. The academic credits can also be transferred to other US colleges and universities.
Get a special scholarship for this class. Email email@example.com for details.
Enroll at SNC Tahoe & Get Your Visa
Once accepted and enrolled, I-20 forms are mailed to you for Visa applications and U.S. entrance. When you have your I-20, make an appointment with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for your student visa. In some countries it may take several months to get your visa, so apply as soon as possible.
Arriving at SNC Tahoe
- Incoming Student Checklist > Information about required immunizations, forms, and recommended supplies.
- Orientation Information > All new students attend orientation. The additional Wilderness or Tahoe Orientation activities are not required, but they are a great way to meet other students and get acquainted with your new home.
- Getting to Campus > Transportation options.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.412.4636.