31st Annual: May 19 – July 31, 2015
Enrollment is going well. Please register in a timely manner. Classes can be taken for credit or non-credit.
Info: Sheri Leigh O’Connor: 775-881-7588 – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are now located in the brand new Holman Arts and Media Center!
We’re very excited to be in this brand new facility generously donated by Robert and Robin Holman, and supported by numerous community members. It’s bigger, brighter, has new equipment and facilities. We’re in phase II and need your help to build the kiln yard! The Holmans are matching the donations.
(Registration does not guarantee enrollment. Classes may fill before registrations get processed)
|Michelle Gregor and Susannah Israel||The Figure in Context||June 15th – 19th|
|Randy Brodnax and Don Ellis||Fast Fire “Pottree”||June 22nd – 26th|
|Sunshine Cobb||Handbuilding Functional Forms||July 6th – 10th|
|Danny Meisinger||Glazing, Firing, and Throwing Bigger||July 13th – 17th|
|Hayne Bayless||Happiness is a Warm Extruder||July 20th – 24th|
|Sean O’Connell||The Exquisite Surface||July 27th – 31st|
|Shannon Sullivan||Multiples, Pieces and Parts||June 27th & 28th|
|Wesley Wright||Press Molds for Ceramics||July 18th & 19th|
* Travel Course
|Sheri Leigh O’Connor||The Art of Japan||May 19th – June 4th|
|Phyllis Shafer||Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting||July 6th – 10th|
|Rhiannon Alpers||Paper Leads to Thread||July 20th – 24th|
|Jerry Dodrill||Tahoe Photography||June 22nd – 26th|
|Eileen Macdonald||Multiple Plate Etchings with Monotype||June 15th – 19th|
($100. additional lab fee)
|Nathan Watson||Basic Kiln-Formed Glass||July 13th – 17th|
|William Hutchison||Pattern Bars||July 6th – 10th|
|Tim Guthrie||Digital Illustration||June 15th – 19th|
|Rick Parsons||Hot Steel and Skin||July 27th – 31st|
Fine Arts Weekend
|Mary Kenny||Mixed Media Collage||July 18th & 19th|
(Registration does not guarantee enrollment.)
General Information on Summer Workshops
Lake Tahoe and the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains truly inspire the artist in us all. SNC offers a variety of summer workshops given by nationally known ceramists, glass artists, painters, sculptors, printmakers, digital artists, photographers, paper makers, jewelers, and more. Learn new techniques and expand your knowledge in the medium. Contact us for further information or to receive a printed copy of our schedule at email@example.com or 775.881.7588.
On Tuesday night at 7pm each week during the workshops, we’ll host our “Meet the Artist” lecture in the Prim Library, which will be immediately followed by an informal reception in the Tahoe Gallery. It’s free and open to the public. There are many activities in the area to enjoy while you’re here, including swimming, boating, golfing and hiking to mention a few.
Students, aged 16 and up, can take workshops for personal enrichment or college credit. Tuition includes some materials, possible kiln firings, equipment rental, etc. Spouses, parents and friends are welcome to visit the studios before and after classes and attend “Meet the Artist” on Tuesday nights, but may not accompany the student at the workshop.
Upon paid registration, students will receive an information packet with maps and directions to the college, class location, what to bring to the workshop, and other pertinent information, as well as Tahoe visitors info.
- Class Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Credit Available: 1.5 college credits, 1.5 teacher recertification credits, or non-credit
- Tuition: $499.50 – includes most materials
- Glass workshops have an additional $100 lab fee
- Class Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, 9am – 5pm
- Credit Available: 0.5 college credits, 0.5 teacher recertification credits, or non-credit
- Tuition: $225
Japan Travel Course:
- Credit Available: 3 college credits, 3 teacher recertification credits, or non-credit
- Tuition: $4,500 – Includes flights from SFO, accommodations, activities, and some meals.
- Payment Schedule: $500 deposit due upon registration.
Students taking workshops for academic credit will be charge a tech fee.
* Lunches are not included in the 2015 Summer Workshop tuition, but may be purchased at the SNC cafeteria during their open hours.
For more information
Sheri Leigh O’Connor
Workshops Director, Sierra Nevada College
999 Tahoe Blvd.
Incline Village, NV 89451
Some single and double rooms on campus may be available in the dorms, subject to availability. Each room has its own bathroom, and linens* are included. Weekly room cleaning and linen turnover are included with multi-week stays. There is no maid service and meals are not included.
Contact Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org after March 15 2015 to find out about room availability. Please include the dates you need and your contact information in the email.
- Single Room (per person): $350 per 6 night week, (Sun.-Sat.) | $130 per 2 night weekend (Fri. & Sat. nights)
- Double Room (per person): $250 per 6 night week, (Sun.-Sat.) |$80 per 2 night weekend (Fri. & Sat. nights)
- Additional nights may be purchased if available
* Includes one fitted sheet, one flat sheet, one blanket, one pillow, one pillow case, one bath towel, one hand towel, one washcloth, toilet paper, and mini soap. TV’s and mini-fridge/microwave units will not be available this year.
A wide variety of resort, hotel, and vacation rental options are available in the immediate area. The Parkside Inn is located directly across the street from the Holman Building!