The Poetry Center
Poetry Center Information
Sierra Nevada College’s Poetry Center in the Prim Library promotes an appreciation of contemporary American poetry with a collection of more than 3000 volumes, and presents programs of public readings and workshops by such poets as Poet Laureate of California Juan Filipe Herrera and award-winning poet Jane Hirshfield.
The Poetry Center is made possible through a grant awarded by the Nevada State Library and Archives and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Like the library itself, the Poetry Center’s collections and programs are open to the general public and offer free access to all Nevada residents.
Research Your Subject
- Library Catalog– find books, media and more
- Online Databases – find articles in newspapers, magazines and journals
- LibGuides – introductions to library resources in a variety of subject areas
- Ask a Librarian – if you are having trouble finding research materials
- EBSCO A-Z – Use this to locate full-text journal titles
- eBooks from EBSCO– thousands of ebooks on a wide range of topics
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – online eReference collection
Hours for Fall & Spring Semesters:
- Monday–Thursday: 8 am–9 pm
- Friday: 8 am–4 pm
- Saturday: 11 am–4 pm
- Sunday: Noon–9 pm
Hours vary during semester breaks and holidays
NOTE: Exceptions to regular library hours will be posted. The library will be closed whenever the college is closed.