Prim Library follows current SNU COVID-19 policies.
Current SNU COVID-19 INFO
Student and Faculty Services
Our priority is to serve our students and faculty during this transition period.
The library staff is available during normal working hours for help with off-campus database access, assist with research, or answer any other library questions. Please email email@example.com, or the library director, Lara Katrina Schott, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will assist you via email, or we can arrange 1:1 assistance appointments if necessary.
Research Your Subject
- Library Catalog– find books, media and more
- Online Databases (Gale, EBSCO, BioOne, and more) – find articles in newspapers, federal reports, magazines, and scholarly journals.
- LibGuides – introductions to library resources in a variety of subject areas
- Ask a Librarian – if you are having trouble finding research materials
- eBooks from EBSCO– thousands of ebooks on a wide range of topics
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – online eReference collection
The library will open to the SNU community when classes are in session, but hours may vary. Please email email@example.com for current information.
The Poetry Center
Poetry Center Information
Sierra Nevada University’s Poetry Center in the Prim Library promotes an appreciation of contemporary American poetry with a collection of more than 3000 volumes, and presents programs of public readings and workshops by such poets as Poet Laureate of California Juan Filipe Herrera and award-winning poet Jane Hirshfield.
The Poetry Center is made possible through a grant awarded by the Nevada State Library and Archives and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Like the library itself, the Poetry Center’s collections and programs are open to the general public and offer free access to all Nevada residents.