Add a juried exhibition to your resume, and enter to win a week-long workshop with a famous artist!
The FLAT Flat Rate Show
A juried exhibition to showcase exceptional visual art by current community college students. Any and all media, traditional or non-traditional. Show your best work!
Historically, the Flat Rate exhibition requires artwork to be mailed to us in a USPS Flat Rate Box. This year, as we adapt to the changes of COVID-19 the exhibition is going fully virtual, meaning the work is very flat and doesn’t need to be snail-mailed to us!
Online Exhibit Reception: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 | 5:30 PM (PST) Please attend!
Connect with art faculty, college admissions counselors, current and prospective students.
Location: On Zoom!
Grand Prize: Two week-long Sierra Nevada University summer art workshops, one for the student and one for their art instructor/professor. Student and teacher do not need to take the same workshop. More than $1,000 value! SUMMER ART WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Runner-Up Prize: iPad + Apple Pencil
Fine Arts Talent Scholarships will be awarded to promising student artists! Top-ranked students will be invited to a Portfolio Review.
(To qualify for Talent Scholarships, students must apply to Sierra Nevada University and add the SNU code, 009192, to their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by the submission deadline; attend their portfolio review; and attend the Zoom online exhibition reception.
Summer Art Workshops at SNU Tahoe
- You must be a current high school or community college student.
- There is no theme, and any genre and/or medium of artwork is welcome. You can submit up to three pieces.
- Your piece will be displayed virtually, so choose good quality images of your work. They should be at least 72 ppi and 1080 px on one side. The photos of your artwork should be in focus and well-lit, with a plain background free of clutter (a white backdrop is preferred). No blurry/dark images, no glares/blown out areas please.
- Submit the application below, including uploading up to three images of your piece/s.
- The upload limit for all images COMBINED is 9 MB. Images must be in JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, or PDF format. For questions, or to send additional images, please contact Sheri Leigh O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775.881.7588
- To be eligible for a Fine Arts Talent Scholarship, submit your application to Sierra Nevada University and add the SNU code, 009192, to your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application.
- Submission Deadline: Midnight, January 31, 2021
If Your Work is Chosen
You will be notified and invited to the online exhibition reception. Promising submissions will be invited to participate in Portfolio review day in early February.