The Griffin Lucas Aubrey Creative Spirit Scholarship
Currently reviewing applications for Spring and Fall 2018.
The Aubrey Creative Spirit Scholarship is a generous scholarship for promising new Fine Arts students at SNC Tahoe. Scholarships are awarded based on talent and financial need. Both incoming freshmen (current high school students) and transfer students are eligible for the scholarship, which can be combined with other merit-based scholarships to make art studies at Sierra Nevada College even more affordable.
At SNC, our fine arts students go from potential to professional.
SNC/FA grads have gone on to the nation’s top ranked MFA graduate programs, including Alfred University, Ohio State University, Cranbrook Academy of Art, and the Parsons School of Design.
How to Apply for the Aubrey Scholarship
- Fill out your personal information below
- Send us images from your portfolio. You can
- Upload 1 – 10 images to the application below, or
- Email 1 – 10 images to Sheri Leigh O’Connor at email@example.com. Make sure your full name and ‘Aubrey Scholarship’ are in the subject line of the email(s)!
Maximum upload capacity is 8MB combined. You will have the opportunity to present more work at your interview, which can be in person or by phone, Skype, or Facetime.
How to Apply to SNC Tahoe
If you are awarded an Aubrey Scholarship, you will need to apply and be accepted to Sierra Nevada College,
and fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The Cost Calculators will help you estimate your cost of attendance BEFORE your Aubrey Scholarship is applied.
Why SNC/FA is an awesome art department:
- Learn in small classes. Work in studios that are open 24/7.
- Our faculty care about every student and are committed to every students’ success. We’ll guide your ideas to fruition.
- We are an interdisciplinary, conceptually driven department. We encourage experimentation.
- Classes in Ceramics, Digital Art, Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Design, Sculpture, Photography, Art History, Glass, Art Theory – and more.
- Nationally and internationally known visiting artists teach, lecture, critique and perform at SNC/FA.
- International travel courses are offered every year, including to Japan and Italy.
- Students attend national and local conferences. The Art Club and Clay Club add more fun activities and travel.
- At the Midway Art Portfolio Review, every fine arts student gets critical feedback from the full faculty.
- BFA students work closely with their faculty committee for over a year to prepare for their solo exhibition. Fill an entire gallery!
- Numerous student and faculty exhibitions are mounted in multiple galleries.