Sierra Nevada University (SNU) is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and licensed by the Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education.
The Teacher Education programs are state-approved through the Nevada State Board of Education.
- Sierra Nevada University is registered in the State of Nevada, with the Articles of Incorporation last amended and approved December 12, 2011 and filed with the State of Nevada Secretary of State December 13, 2011. Sierra Nevada University’s Bylaws were last updated December 12, 2011.
- Sierra Nevada University is authorized to operate as a tax-exempt organization, with the most recent letter on file and dated June 17, 1971.
- Sierra Nevada University is approved by the Postsecondary Education Commission in Nevada, with the most recent letter on file and dated August 6, 2018.
- Sierra Nevada University is approved to offer Teacher Education Programs by the Nevada Department of Education, with the most recent letter on file and dated July 10, 2019.
- Sierra Nevada University is approved by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities to award degrees at the baccalaureate and masters levels, with the most recent letter on file and dated February 5, 2020.
If you are experiencing a problem with Sierra Nevada University or one of its employees, please consult the DIRECTORY > and select the relevant category to determine the best employee to address your issue.
If you cannot resolve your problem with the appropriate school officials, you may contact the Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education. The process for submitting a complaint is on the Student Information page of the CPE website.
Complaints regarding the institution’s eligibility requirements, standards, and policies may be submitted in writing to the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, addressed to the President at 800 165th Ave. NE Suite 100 Redmond, WA 98052.
Students taking extension center or online courses outside of Nevada may contact their state’s higher education commissions.
California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Students attending SNU’s Lake Tahoe Community College (LTCC) Extension Center can find compliance information about SNU, as required by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, in this section of the website. Any questions a student may have that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution, may be directed to:
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
Physical Address: 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento California, 95833
Phone: (916) 431-6959
Toll Free: (888) 370-7589
Main Fax: (916) 263-1897
Web site: www.bppe.ca.gov
General E-mail: email@example.com
As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review the catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling 888-370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s Internet Web site www.bppe.ca.gov.
- Sierra Nevada University Catalog
California BPPE Annual Documentation
The College is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Licensed by the Nevada Commission on Post-Secondary Education
- Member of the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Member of the Northern California Consortium Project
- Member of the Western Cooperative for Educational Telecommunications
- Member of the Western Regional Honors Council
- Member of the Administrative and Campus Computing Environments at Small Schools (ACCESS)
- Member of the American Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Member of the National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC)
- Member of the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- Member of the National Collegiate Ski Association (NCSA)
- Members of the Pacific Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers (PACRAO)
- Member of the Rocky Mountain Association of College Admissions Counselors (RMACAC)
- Member of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Member of the Rocky Mountain Association Of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Member of the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB)
- Member of the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Additional affiliations related to specific departments are listed within that department.