Sierra Nevada College encourages you to reach out to staff and faculty if you need assistance. The resources below include a range of organizations and approaches; we encourage you to research what works best for you.
Crisis Intervention 24 Hour Hotline: (800) 736-1060
Tahoe SAFE Alliance
948 Incline Way, Incline Village NV, 89451
Tahoe SAFE Alliance is non-profit agency that collaborates with local businesses, government agencies, volunteers, and supporters to create violence free communities. We are currently the only agency providing assistance to survivors of intimate partner/domestic violence and sexual violence in the North Lake Tahoe/Truckee region of California and Nevada, and we own and operate the only safe house in the community. All services are free of charge and provided in both English and Spanish.
Tahoe Family Solutions
948 Incline Way, Incline Village, NV 89451
Tahoe Family Solutions provides psychiatric care and counseling to individuals and families on a sliding fee scale. Our entire team is well versed in a variety of special needs and services. As residents of your community, we are deeply concerned with your well-being and offer our professional support at many levels.
Sierra Mental Wellness Group
2690 Lake Forest Road Suite 202, Tahoe City CA 96145
Sierra Mental Wellness Group provides professional and affordable individual, couple and family counseling, crisis services, child and adolescent programs, and substance abuse and mental health assessments. We seek to provide innovative as well as traditional approaches to solve problems and to address the identified needs of our clients. We treat a wide range of mental issues, including mental health, substance abuse, family and couples work, treatment of children, and trauma.
Private Counseling Practices
Allison Hilborn MFT, CADC
TREATMENT CONSULTATION SERVICES
421 Hill Street, Reno, Nevada 89501
- Specialties: Depression, Anxiety, and Substance abuse
Mary Howden, MFT
250 Village Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451
- Specialties: Eating Disorders, Family Conflict and Parenting
Kelly Root MFT-Intern
770 Northwood Blvd. Suite 5, Incline Village, NV 89451
- Specialties: Individual Therapy (children and adults), Couple and Family Therapy; for many issues including depression, anxiety, PTSD, body image disorders, future and self identity, sleep, substance abuse, interpersonal relationships
KARIN SABLE LMFT
3080 North Lake Blvd. Suite B, Tahoe City, CA 96145
- Specialties: Child and Adolescent Therapy, Couples and Family Therapy, personalized individual therapy and Trauma-focused therapy.
Andrew Whyman, M.D.
- Special Consultant, Student Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services