Office Manager / Receptionist (L.V.)
Location: Las Vegas (Henderson) campus
This position reports to the Master of Arts in Teaching faculty in Henderson, Nevada and to the Department of Teacher Education Chair, and provides receptionist and clerical support for the faculty, staff, and students of the Las Vegas Department of Teacher Education at the Sierra Nevada College Las Vegas campus.
Candidates require the ability to navigate effectively and efficiently in Excel and other computer programs. The position may require student support services, instructor support services, course coordination, administrative duties involving paperwork and documents and other duties as assigned.
This position works set office hours Monday- Friday, generally afternoon and evenings when evening classes are in session. Individual needs to be a self-starter, able to multi-task efficiently and complete tasks on-time. Time-on-task and email response time are critical when dealing with the graduate community. Candidate must be available to access email daily as well as daytime hour availability for student advising sessions.
- WOW superlative customer service
- Greet students and visitors entering campus
- Answer and direct telephone calls to faculty and staff
- Respond in a timely manner to mail, email, and telephone calls
- Gain a working knowledge of the TED/MAT/M.Ed. programs
- Provide general information regarding TED/MAT/M.Ed. programs to visitors or in phone
- Oversee Las Vegas facility and assist with facility requests
- Provide effective clerical support for TED faculty and staff including ordering supplies, processing mail/email
- Coordinate communication between the property management company and TED faculty and staff regarding building repairs and needs
- Coordinate weekly schedule for building maintenance
- Assist with invoices and expenses in conjunction with Department Chair
- Maintain office supplies, order as needed
- Handle filing, copying and faxing as needed
- Ensure copy, fax, shredder machines and other office equipment are in daily working order and arranging for repairs as needed
- Oversee faculty access to Las Vegas facility and assist with faculty facility requests
- Ensure professional office environment in conjunction with all student support services
- Instructor support services
- Front office duties as needed
- Departmental events support and participation as needed
- Maintain timeline expectations with the need for flexibility as mandated
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to; scheduling and other duties based on program need and as assigned
- College degree preferred
- Professional presentation and a positive disposition
- Prefer 1-2 years front office experience in a corporate or academic setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, primarily Outlook, Word (including mail merge) and Excel.
- Must have strong administrative, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Must have the ability to work well both within a team environment and independently under deadline pressures
- Must be detail-oriented and able to establish priorities and handle multiple time-sensitive projects and confidential matters with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required
- Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings
Pay Rate: $15 – $17 per hour
Schedule: part-time position (18.75 hours weekly)
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer