The Director of Marketing and Communications oversees all aspects of the college’s integrated marketing and communications efforts to increase the college’s visibility, brand-awareness, reputation, and engagement with key external constituencies—particularly prospective students and Offices of Enrollment and Advancement. Duties include developing, managing, implementing, and assessing the college’s marketing and communications strategy and operations including, but not limited to: digital communications and media; advertising; direct marketing; and print collateral. Additionally, it is critical that the candidate enjoy working with college-age adults with diverse backgrounds. The Director of Marketing reports directly to the President of the College.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the Directors of Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions in the construction and tactical execution of marketing and recruiting.
- Implement and manage an integrated marketing plan to support strategic goals of increasing undergraduate and graduate enrollment.
- Ensure that all initiatives support the marketing strategy and adhere to brand standards.
- Maintain and manage the college’s brand standards and image.
- Work with all of the College’s departments to drive and support the marketing and communications mix.
- Create and track annual marketing plans and budgets; coordinate media buys.
- Work with the Office of Admissions to develop and closely monitor the success of recruiting campaigns.
- Oversee social media campaigns and initiatives; advertising, and print collateral projects; electronic and direct mail communications; keep abreast of emerging opportunities and design trends.
- Participate in content creation and the overall design of the college’s website, ensuring adoption and integration of appropriate technologies to maximize information delivery effectiveness while increasing user engagement.
- Act as day-to-day contact for ongoing marketing, communications and public relations issues/questions and serve as the College spokesperson.
- In conjunction with the Office of Advancement, effectively promote current events and news.
- Basic creative design ability.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in marketing; experience in higher education and enrollment/admissions preferred.
- Brand, online, and social media marketing experience.
- Project management experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and operational skills with a proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Proven track record in developing, executing, and measuring the effectiveness of strategic, integrated marketing and communication programs.
- Diverse computer skills, including experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and web content management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with people at all organizational levels.
- Ability to interpret analytics.
Reports to: President
Pay Range: Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Position Classification: Full-time, exempt
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer