Director of Financial Aid
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, this position is responsible for the supervision and implementation of all federal, state, and institutional aid distribution in addition to serving as the reporting and compliance officer for all related programs to include Title IV funding. This highly technology-based position, develops processes and packaging for delivering financial aid offerings to current and potential students and their families while working in support of institutional goals and objectives.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Highest level of personalized customer service is maintained to students and parents
serve as chief compliance officer for Title IV federal aid regulations and member of the President’s Cabinet
- Develop, implement & manage financial aid strategies, policies, & procedures utilizing industry best practices & state of the art customer service to serve the institution’s goals & ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and statutes
- In conjunction with consultants, & members of the institution’s executive/leadership team, utilize net tuition revenue models to package financial aid. Monitor awards verifying against budget recommendations for any needed corrective action
- Ensure fiscal accountability in fund management, disbursement and recovery by coordinating technology and information systems for effective administration of student financial aid funds
- Draft and/or direct the preparation & maintenance of required institutional financial aid statistical reports including the annual FISAP
administer and facilitate the awarding of all new and continuing students’ financial aid packages
- Oversee the verification of specific federal and/or state criteria, authorization of payment process & reconciliation with accounting office(s) and compliance with federal and state regulations & University policies while utilizing industry’s best practices
- Oversee the administration of all student loan programs, including calculations of eligibility, origination of applications, entrance/exit interviews and serve as liaison with other outside agencies
- Maintain a vibrant, informative, accurate, user-friendly departmental website which reflects the marketing design components and policies of the institution
- Represent the institution at professional development conferences and workshops to remain current on federal and state regulations.
A bachelor’s degree and significant documented progressive experience in all student financial aid operations and staff management will be expected of the director. Additionally, the following skills will be expected:
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of trends in higher education and student financial aid
- Detailed understanding of the functions of a successful financial aid office, including counseling, compliance, systems and reporting, and financial management
- Evidence of leadership in the development and execution of innovative student financial aid strategies utilizing institutional resources as well as federal, state and private funds
- Experience with and understanding of the use of systems and technology employed to manage and report on financial aid operations and communications to include knowledge of SCT Banner
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance matters concerning all financial aid functions, including institutional, federal, state and other outside agency requirements
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of aid programs with demonstrated skills in interpretation and application of federal regulations and compliance issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving knowledge and skills in research, statistical analysis, student tracking, assessment and data-based decision support
- A demonstrated desire and ability to develop exceptional customer service systems.
Reports to: Vice President for Finance and Administration
Pay Range: Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Position Classification: Full-time, exempt
Other: Fingerprint check required as a condition of employment
Please upload your resume, cover letter, list of at least three professional references, and any other documentation to our online application. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer