Adjunct Faculty in Business
The Business Department at Sierra Nevada College is now accepting adjunct instructor applications from qualified instructors for the following courses at the Incline Village campus:
Fall 2016 (mid-August through mid-December)
- All classes filled. Check back for future semesters.
Spring 2017 (mid-January through mid-May)
- INTB 370: Leadership in a Global Environment (at Lake Tahoe Community College in South Lake Tahoe)
Course descriptions can be found in the Course Catalog.
Adjunct Roles & Responsibilities
- Commitment to experiential and active learning in the classroom. This includes problem based learning, case studies, site visits, etc. Training will be available for active learning techniques. Also see Suggested Reading below.
- Course preparation and grading, time commitment dependent upon course, subject matter, and enrollment.
- Meet administrative deadlines, including, but not limited to:
- Submission of syllabus for review
- Completion of start-of-term and midterm enrollment verifications
- Administer midterm and end-of-term course evaluations
- Submission of midterm and final grades
- Attendance at Faculty Development, Faculty Council, and Department meetings is encouraged, but not required.
- Adhere to class operations as defined in the Faculty Handbook.
Experience in the classroom and subject matter is preferred. Please upload your letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, course evaluations, and other supporting materials.
- McKeachie’s Teaching Tips, McKeachie ISBN: 978-1133936794
- What the Best College Teachers Do, Bain ISBN: 978-0674013254
- Student Engagement Techniques, Barkley ISBN: 978-0470281918
- The Joy of Teaching: A Practical Guide for New College Instructors, Filene ISBN: 978-0807856031
- Effective Grading, Walvoord and Anderson ISBN: 978-0470502150
Sierra Nevada College is an Equal Opportunity Employer