Electronic Blue Book (EBB)
Instructions for Using the Electronic Bluebook (EBB)
Electronic Bluebook requires that your computer be a PC which uses Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 2000 as its original and primary operating system, or a Macintosh MacBook running OS X version 2 (Jaguar) or later. Language settings must be set to “English” and keyboard input settings must be set to English- U.S.
Your computer must be able to connect to the Internet during the exam, with either a wired Ethernet connection or a wireless network connection.
Downloading and Installing EBB:
- Click on the Mac or PC EBB links above to start the download.
- PC: Click “Run” when prompted. The download should take less than one minute.
Mac: Open the downloaded DMG file. Drag the “EBB” icon to Applications. Open the program from Applications.
- The program will ask you to accept their terms of service. Click “I Agree”.
Taking an EBB Exam
- Macintosh users, set your firewall to allow EBB to upload files to the network:
- Click the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security.
- Click the Firewall tab then select “Firewall Options”.
- Click the “+” below the list of connections and add the EBB program to the list to “Allow incoming connections”.
- Start the EBB program. Once your exam has started, EBB will prevent access to all other programs.
- Enter the exam ID number given to you on your exam cover sheet, for both the name field and the exam ID field.
- Choose the appropriate exam in the Class Number dropdown.
- Click “Start Exam”
Finishing your Exam and Exiting EBB:
Once you have finished your exam, click the “Finish Exam” button. Once you finish, a green or yellow screen will appear. A green screen means your exam successfully saved to the network and you are finished with your exam. A yellow screen means your exam did not automatically save to the network. Ask your administrator for instructions on how to manually upload the exam.