Living Green at Tahoe
Parasol Community Collaboration: Join us at SNC, Sunday July 1st 10am-to-3pm, to learn more about how to live green at Tahoe. Fun, informative, hands-on activities for the whole family. Enjoy all the following.
- Complimentary food and beverages provided by Sierra Nevada College
- Tours & Activities at Tahoe Center for Environmental Sciences
- Tours of the Green Building and UC Davis Education Center
- Activities include: Water Resource Education, Solar Energy Demonstrations
- Hands On Activities for the whole family.
Visit the following stations at the North Lake Tahoe Demonstration Garden at Sierra Nevada College:
- Low Impact Recreation
- Defensible Space
- Native Plants/Gardening
- Erosion Control
- Driveways and Drip Lines in the Gazebo
- Trash Containment/Tahoe Bear Box
There will be a live burn demonstration, displaying how quickly embers can ignite household siding at 12 Noon.
Click here for a complete flyer on this fun event.
For more information, contact Jessie Hersher, UC Davis TERC (775) 881-7566 or Michael Pook, NTCD (775) 586-1610 ext. 34.
An activity of the Red, White and Tahoe Blue celebration and hosted by the Parasol Community Collaboration Environment Team:
Nevada Tahoe Conservation District, IVGID Waste Not, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, University of Nevada, Cooperative Extension, North Lake Tahoe Demonstration Garden, UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center, Nevada Fire Safe Council, Tahoe Rim Trail Association, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District