5:30 pm Social Gathering with Refreshments
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Oral Presentations, Judging, Announcement of Winners
The SNC Jâlé and Warren Trepp Business Plan Competition is an educational experience designed to encourage students to combine their talent, ideas and energy to produce tomorrow’s leading business products, services, and/or process improvements. The aim of the Competition is to provide an integrative forum that provides new entrepreneurs with the best possible resources – including education, networking, team creation, and mentorship– to help turn innovative ideas into economic sustainable realities.
The Competition will award $6,000 in cash to outstanding teams of student entrepreneurs who submit business plans for new ventures showing significant business potential. The Competition process, its network of faculty, mentors, and seasoned professionals, and the cash prizes awarded will encourage these teams go on to compete in the prestigious Donald W. Reynolds Governor’s Cup.
Multi-disciplinary teams that combine members from fine arts, humanities and social sciences with members from business and science and technology prove to be the most successful, both in competitions and in the real world. These teams bring together the pieces necessary for bridging the gap between initial idea and the marketplace.
Business plans are judged by a panel of experienced entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and other professionals. Judges will evaluate the teams as real-world entrepreneurs soliciting start-up funds from early stage investors and venture capital firms. The judges are asked to rank the presentations based on which company they would most likely invest in based on the nature of the idea, the quality of the business plan, and the effectiveness of the team presentation.
Highlights of the Jâlé and Warren Trepp Business Plan Competition include:
- Practice in the process of creating and evaluating new business ventures
- Real-world opportunities to learn what’s required to successfully launch a new business
- A chance to receive mentoring from faculty, investors and experienced entrepreneurs
- High caliber judges, all senior level investors and industry leaders
- Opportunities to receive rich individual feedback on the proposed business model, plan, and presentation skills
- Teambuilding opportunities to create a winning team of future business creators
- Exposure to the unique resources that SNC and its communities offer
- Hard to come by world-class entrepreneurial insight