Learn about Veterans’ experiences with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury through the first hand lens of Benjamin Lewis, as part of his service learning project. Lecture portion of presentation followed by a Q&A session.
Points of Discussion:
- Why do people join the military, despite the struggles that can occur post military?
- Why are people scared of mental illness? What is the difference between PTSD and TBI? What are neural steroids and how do they regulate mood/character/personality?
- What is treatment resistant depression? What is the military medical model doing to treat depression and suicide among soldiers and veterans?
- Why would the “big pharma” lobby be interested in the VA treatment of protocols, and what are natural and alternative protocols?
- What is the Warrior Angels Foundation, and what are nonprofits doing to assist veterans outside the military medical model?