Exploratory, inquiry-based art experiences that combine music, history, drama and dance.
A four-day (Monday-Thursday; 9am-2pm) summer camp for grades kindergarten through 3rd focused on the intersection between music and art. The camp curriculum will be inspired by the Lake Tahoe SummerFest (LTSF) concert series.
• A collaboration between teachers and working artists who can teach studio habits of mind: creativity, perseverance & problem solving
• An opportunity for children to build an appreciation for classical music
• An interactive approach to teaching storytelling and understanding symphonic music
The Arts and Music Summer Camp will be co-taught by an elementary teacher and members of the Sierra Nevada College (SNC) Fine Arts and Music faculty. Campers will also attend selected LTSF rehearsals, and meet some of the musicians.
• Session 1 — 2nd and 3rd grade participants
Monday, July 29 to Thursday, August 1, 2013, 9am – 2pm
• Session 2 — Kindergarten and 1st grade participants
Monday, August 5 to Thursday, August 8, 2013, 9am – 2pm
• Cost: $350 per camper
• Location: Tahoe Center for Environmental Science (TCES) (map) | Room 139
• Campers will bring their own snacks and lunch each day
RESERVE NOW — Space is limited to 10 campers per session. Please reserve your child’s place by contacting Nancy Beigel at 775.881.7405 or email@example.com before registering.
Reserved campers REGISTER HERE