and discover the scenic Tahoe Basin.
Tahoe Orientation Fall 2017
Dates & Times
- Program Begins: Wednesday August 16, 4:00 pm
- Program Ends: Sunday August 20, after dinner.
Covers: all activities, transportation, instruction, equipment and meals. BYO bathing suit and sunscreen!
Why Tahoe Orientation?
- Explore the wide variety of activities available in your own (new) backyard, North Lake Tahoe.
- Form new friendships and discuss your hopes and fears about college life.
- Challenge yourself on high wire crossings and double trapezes.
- Give back to your new home by participating in a fun local service opportunity.
What’s it Like?
You will discover (some of) Lake Tahoe’s best beaches and bays. Mountain bike the famous Flume Trail or bike along the scenic Truckee River. Eat pizza! Navigate the zip lines, double trapezes and high wire crossings at the ropes course. Hike through the high country. Go paddleboarding.
Our trip leaders are a dedicated group of experienced student mentors who know Sierra Nevada College and Lake Tahoe. They take great pride in providing a meaningful experience for their participants and sharing their knowledge as current SNC students themselves. Through training in team building, First Aid, and group dynamics, our leaders provide an enjoyable experience for the group.