Two-Year Graduation Guarantee
Sierra Nevada College guarantees that incoming transfer students who meet the following transfer articulation requirements and student responsibilities will graduate in two years (two and a half for BFA in Fine Arts). SNC will cover all tuition costs for any additional coursework at SNC needed for graduation.
Sierra Nevada College offers any transfer student guaranteed savings in time and money as you work toward the completion of your baccalaureate degree. Whether you are ready to map out a single route or want the flexibility of varied paths toward your educational goals, our combination of individualized advising, flexible course scheduling, and personalized attention ensures efficient and steady progress toward graduation. We’ll also provide you the space necessary to explore and discover your educational aspirations without boxing you in.
Transfer Articulation Requirements:
To qualify for the two-year guarantee, you must:
- Have at least 60 transferable credits total
- Transfer at least 12 credits that articulate to meet SNC core course requirements
- Transfer at least 18 credits that meet major course requirements (or obtain your Department Chair’s approval for a two-year course plan to complete your degree)
- Declare your graduation major when registering for the first semester at SNC (prospective BFA in Fine Arts students should initially declare a BA in Fine Arts)
- To take advantage of the guarantee, you must do the following –
- Remain in good academic standing by maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 each semester overall and within your major.
- Enroll in an average of 15 credits per semester (a typical course load); not including repeated courses. (Depending on your major, you may have to enroll in more than 15 credits some semesters in order to complete your two-year course plan.)
- Average enough upper division credits to have completed at least 42 upper division credits in four semesters. (This is an average of 10.5 upper division credits per semester for students who do not transfer any upper division credits to SNC.)
- Enroll in 4 consecutive semesters: fall and spring, excluding summers; 5 consecutive semesters for BFA students. (You must be accepted into the BFA art program in your Junior year).
- Fulfill all graduation requirements, including core curriculum, major/minor requirements, and upper division course work requirements.
- Meet with your assigned Academic Advisor at least once per semester for preregistration.
- Take required courses during the semester recommended by your Academic Advisor.
- Register for all advisor-recommended courses during the preregistration period.
Failure to successfully complete any of the above requirements will result in voiding the two-year graduation guarantee. In addition to the above student responsibilities, the following rules apply:
- This guarantee may not apply to double majors or the five-year Teacher Education Dual Degree program.
- If you elect to complete a Study Abroad semester, you must have a fully authorized Transfer Prior Approval form filed in the Registrar’s office prior to departure.
- Not successfully completing any Core or required course in your major may void this contract.
- You must make up credits for any failed courses during the two-year period; which may require you to take more than 15 credits per semester or summer school.
If you take all of these steps and you are unable to complete your major in two years, SNC will assume the tuition costs of the course/s needed to complete your undergraduate degree. This includes course tuition and institutional fees, but excludes specialized course fees and lab fees.
Find out more
Contact the Office of Admissions to determine if the Two-Year Graduation Guarantee is for you and how this guarantee can save you money. When you’re ready to make the two-year guarantee commitment, complete the agreement form with your Academic Advisor during student orientation.