Transfer student merit scholarships.
Unique majors in a spectacular environment.
Transferring to Sierra Nevada College
Take your college experience to a higher level! Sierra Nevada College welcomes applications from transfer students.
What are the Requirements to Transfer to SNC?
How do I apply?
There is no fee to apply, and applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Submit your Application.
- Have official transcripts sent to the SNC Admissions office from all colleges (or other post-secondary institutions) you have attended.
- If your overall college GPA is less than 2.0, or if you have taken less than 15 college credits since completing high school, have your official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores sent to the SNC Admissions office.
In most cases, you will receive an admission decision within a week of completing your application file.
Can I Get Financial Aid? A Scholarship?
Transferring Your Credits
SNC Tahoe is transfer friendly.
Students who have completed their lower level requirements elsewhere can often finish their bachelor’s degree in approximately two years here.
If you have questions about courses or requirements, please contact your admissions counselor. We’re here to make the transfer process as easy as possible.
What credits are transferrable?
- Courses must be passed with a “C” or better.
- Courses must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- The student must have an official transcript sent from the previous institution(s) to the SNC Admissions office.
- No lower division courses can be substituted for upper division courses.
- A minimum of 45 credits toward an SNC degree must be taken at SNC.
- The last 30 credits of an SNC degree must be taken at SNC.
Transferring from California?
All of the IGETC and CSU-GE credits completed with a C or better grade can be applied toward your 4-year degree.
Transferring Military Credit
Transfer credit for military school courses is based on the recommendations of the American Council of Education. The student must have an official Armed Forces transcript sent to the SNC Admissions office.
If your current college is not listed below, contact SNC Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-412-4636 for details about transferring your existing credits.
Ask a Question
Send a Transcript
Sierra Nevada College Admissions Office
999 Tahoe Boulevard
Incline Village, NV 89451