Transfer Students

Sierra Nevada College welcomes applications from transfer students.

You are a transfer student if you have earned at least 15 college credits after receiving a high school diploma (or equivalency). Students who take college coursework before they complete their high school diploma are not considered transfer students, although transfer credit may be given for individual courses.

SNC Net Price Calculator


 To be considered for admission, a transfer applicant must

  • Be eligible to return to their most recently-attended college, if a 4-year institution.
  • Be in good standing at all colleges previously attended.

Required Documents:

  • A completed and signed application for admission.
  • Official transcripts from all colleges (or any other post secondary institution) previously attended.

Work presented for transfer must be from regionally accredited colleges and is subject to final evaluation by the Registrar’s Office.

Two-Year Transfer Graduation Guarantee

Whether you are ready to map out a single route or want the flexibility of varied paths toward your educational goals, Sierra Nevada College’s combination of individualized advising, flexible course scheduling, and personalized attention ensures efficient and steady progress toward graduation. If you meet all the requirements, Sierra Nevada College guarantees that incoming transfer students will graduate in two years.* If you do not graduate in two years, SNC will pay all tuition costs for additional coursework necessary to complete your degree.

The Graduation Guarantee

Transfer Requirements for Two-Year Guarantee:

  • 60 total transferable credits.
  • 12 credits that meet core requirements.
  • 18 credits that meet major requirements.
  • Major declaration when registering for initial term.

* BFA guarantee is 2.5 years

Transfer Agreements

SNC has transfer agreements with many area colleges. These agreements provide a seamless transfer for general education courses, as well as those specific to your major. Current agreements are posted as they are received – if you have questions about the college you are transferring from, or about a particular course please contact admissions. Students applying from these schools are eligible for additional scholarships.

Transfer Credit Policy

Sierra Nevada College implemented the following policies and procedures in order to provide opportunities for students to have their prior learning experiences recognized and evaluated in relation to pursuit of a degree at Sierra Nevada College:

All courses accepted for transfer must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.

  • In order for credits to transfer, a student must have an official transcript sent from the previous institution(s) to the SNC Registrar’s Office. Courses must be passed with a “C” or better in order for the credit to transfer.
  • No more than 68 credits can be transferred in from a community college.
  • No lower division courses can be substituted for upper division courses.
  • A minimum of 45 credits toward an SNC degree must be taken at SNC.
  • The last 30 credits of an SNC degree must be taken at SNC.
  • Click here to review graduation course requirements for specific majors.

transferstudentMilitary Credit, as evaluated by the Registrar according to the ACE standards, will be accepted according to the section “Military Experience” in the SNC Catalog.

Military Student Info

Transfer credits will be given for all eligible courses. This may result in students receiving more elective credits than are needed for graduation because not all of the credits transferred will fulfill graduation requirements within the student’s major. In this case, students will graduate with more than 120 credits. Students should consult the requirements for their chosen major in the Catalog to determine how many credits are needed for graduation. Students should also consult the Financial Aid Office to determine if this will impact their financial aid eligibility.