Online Degree Program
A Quick Look at SNC
- Founded in 1969
- Traditional, not-for-profit institution
- Regionally accredited by the NWCCU
- Flexible with transfer credits
- Faculty who teach on-ground & online
- Individualized instruction
- Small class sizes
- Engaging curriculum
- Student-specific subject matter
The Online Degree Program (ODP) is designed for students who need the flexibility of an online program, but want the quality education and individualized experience that only a regionally accredited, not-for-profit, liberal arts college can provide. Founded in 1969, SNC offers small class sizes and experienced faculty, and is the ideal choice for working professionals who want to become leaders in their current industries, start new careers, or create business ventures of their own. An online education at SNC is one of the best values in higher education, and we provide a personalized financial aid estimate prior to enrollment to ensure its affordability.
After completing the free online application, applicants can email copies of transcripts from their prior institution(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that an admissions counselor can provide the applicant with an estimate of transferable credits and his or her timeline to graduate. The degrees offered in the ODP are designed with a generous allotment of elective credit, and each applicant’s credits are evaluated with the goal of utilizing as many prior credits as possible. All students are required to earn 45 credits at SNC prior to completing their degree. Students may enter the online program at any of the three modules within each Fall or Spring semester, or either of the two modules during the Summer term.
Core Curriculum for Online Degree Program Students
- Students entering with a completed A.A. or any bachelors’ degree may complete their core curriculum requirements by taking Ethics (PHIL 400) and the Nevada Constitution requirement; the latter may be transferred from any Nevada college.
- Students entering without an A.A. degree may complete their core curriculum by completing the following, by transferring or taking these courses:
- English Composition (6)
- College Math (3)
- Breadth requirements (One three-credit course per category; a list of appropriate courses is available from the Registrar or from advisors)
i. Natural Science
ii. Social Science and Business
iii. Humanities and Arts
- Ethics (3)
- United States and Nevada Constitution (1)
Existing Sierra Nevada College on-ground undergraduate students may take one online course per the Fall and Spring semesters and a total of two online courses per each module during the summer semester (two in Module A and two in Module B).
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Online Admissions Office with any questions at any time during the admissions process. SNC has a dedicated team who will help applicants make informed, unpressured decisions to determine if the SNC online program is truly the right fit for them. Applicants will be able to determine their transferable credits, timeline to graduate, tuition costs, and financial aid before enrolling.
Link to Online Course Demonstration
For a taste of the SNC online learning platform, visit http://demo.sierranevada.edu.