in the spectacular Lake Tahoe basin.
Welcome to SNC Tahoe, a small liberal arts college in Incline Village, Nevada on the shores of Lake Tahoe.
We invite you to join our top ranked programs and enjoy life at a world-class destination. Hope to see you soon!
Why SNC Tahoe?
- Personal Education: Learn in small classes from professors who know each student – the ratio of students to teachers is 13:1. About 10% of our 500 undergraduates are international students, representing 25 countries. ESL help is available.
- Career Success: Take advantage of top quality Science and Technology and Global Business Management programs, professional internships, research opportunities, and student competitions. 90% of our alumni are employed after graduation.
- Ski Mecca: Live within 45 miles of 17 top ski and golf resorts. Learn Ski Business and Resort Management in the #1 program in the US (U.S. News & Review). SNC’s Ski and Snowboard Team is the #1 college team in the country.
- Spectacular Environment: Enjoy the crystal clear waters of Lake Tahoe and beautiful scenery of the surrounding Sierra Nevada mountains. Visit San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Reno, and Los Angeles.
Scholarships: all international students are considered for merit-based scholarships. The scholarship amount depends on your academic record. The maximum scholarship award for international students is $4500 per year. Contact Admissions for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.412.4636.
Early Start Scholarship: an Early Start scholarship is available toward the tuition of the online university class “US Academics and Culture”. Contact Tara at email@example.com for information.
Cost: see Tuition and Fees for an outline of all costs. Campus housing and meal plan (“Room and Board”) are required for all new international students. Health insurance that will cover you in the US is also required.
DO NOT use the Freshman or Transfer Cost Calculators. They are for US students only.
The Admissions Process
There is no fee to apply to SNC Tahoe. Applications are accepted through the year.
New international students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 59. If you have a lower score, contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org for options.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Email these Required Documents to email@example.com:
- Evaluated transcript
- Official TOEFL language score results
- Official bank statement showing proof of having one year of tuition available. The bank statement or letter must:
- Be on bank letterhead and include the name of the account holder and the account number. A statement printed from an online bank account must be stamped by the bank in order for it to be accepted.
- Show the exact amount of funds available. A statement of “sufficient financial resources” can not be accepted. An income tax statement or employment letter can not be accepted.
- Show that you can access enough funds within 24 hours to cover 1 year tuition.
- Not have any changes, alterations or correction marks.
Optional Materials: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of recommendation (in English) (Letter is provided for students who have taken ELEC 110.)
- Personal essay (in English) (Students who have taken ELEC 110 complete their essay during the class.)
Get Ahead – Start School Early
“This class has helped me prepare for the U.S. university. I have more confidence in myself because now I know what to expect in the U.S. university and cultures.”
– Student in Japan, 2016
ELEC 110 U.S. Academics and Culture is a self paced online university class for international undergraduate students. Learn key strategies to succeed in U.S. academic systems, improve communication skills, adjust to US culture, and to build professional networks. Graduates receive three college credits from SNC and “Conditional Admission”. The academic credits can also be transferred to other US colleges and universities.
Get a special scholarship for this class. Email email@example.com for details.
Enroll at SNC Tahoe & Get Your Visa
Once accepted and enrolled, I-20 forms are mailed to you for Visa applications and U.S. entrance. When you have your I-20, make an appointment with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for your student visa. In some countries it may take several months to get your visa, so apply as soon as possible.
Arriving at SNC Tahoe
- Incoming Student Checklist > Information about required immunizations, forms, and recommended supplies.
- Orientation Information > All new students attend orientation. The additional Wilderness or Tahoe Orientation activities are not required, but they are a great way to meet other students and get acquainted with your new home.
- Getting to Campus > Transportation options.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.412.4636.