Arts and Music Summer Camp for Ages K – 5
Exploratory, inquiry-based art experiences that combine music, history, drama and dance.
A four-day (Monday-Thursday; 9am – 2pm) summer camp for grades kindergarten through 5th focused on the intersection between music and art. The camp curriculum will be inspired by the Lake Tahoe SummerFest (LTSF) concert series. Each day will combine creative time spent indoors and outdoors. Campers will create music, art, attend selected Lake Tahoe Summerfest rehearsals and interact with musicians.
• A collaboration between teachers and working artists who can teach studio habits of mind: creativity, perseverance & problem solving
• An opportunity for children to build an appreciation for classical music
• An interactive approach to teaching storytelling and understanding symphonic music
The Arts and Music Summer Camp will be co-taught by an elementary teacher and student interns of the Sierra Nevada College (SNC) Fine Arts and Music department.
• Session 1 ONE SPOT REMAINING— Campers entering Kindergarten and 1st grade
Monday, August 4 through Thursday, August 7, 2014, 9am – 2pm
• Session 2 SOLD OUT — Campers entering Kindergarten through 5th grade
Monday, August 11 through Thursday, August 14, 2014, 9am – 2pm
• Cost: $375 per camper
• Location: David Hall (map) | 1st Floor
• Campers to bring their own snacks, lunch and water each day
RESERVE NOW — Space is limited to 12 campers per session. Please reserve your child’s place by contacting Nancy Beigel at 775.881.7405 or firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
Reserved campers REGISTER HERE
We know it can be challenging to figure out summer vacation schedules. Please refer to the following schedule regarding cancellations and refunds.
- On or Before June 29, 2014 – 75% refund
- June 30, 2014 – July 20, 2014 – 50% refund
- July 21 – July 28, 2014 – 25% refund
- No refund after July 28, 2014
Camp fees are not refundable or pro-rated for days of camp missed due to absence, illness or injury.